almost traditionel Danish pork Roast

Jørgen Hansen

TVWBB Member
hi..
this sunday i visited my in laws in their summer residence. We did a traditionel danish porkroast on the roti.
i only has Salt & peper and some bayleafes, it was about 4 lb gave it around 2hours.. unfortunately i didnt bring anything that could smoke :(
but it was good. served with new boiled danish potatoes and thick gravy
DAE38935-333F-4E85-97FF-B0BB8F36CFD8_zps7bo5qk1e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

159D685B-C368-4A88-BD00-A43B5526773C_zps2hpuhgfr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

FCDE2735-D579-4172-BF9F-ED1B29B91B73_zps98rdlwbp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hop you all had a great weekend :)

Jørgen

Nice to finally see a follow Dane here displaying our gastronomic traditions :) "Sværene" looks great. Perhaps removing the tray below and turn up the temp the last couple of mins to get the last pop on them

Last edited:
Oh, my! That looks out of this world...... So, this cut looks like ribs with the belly meat still attached? I need to know so I can ask my butcher to cut this when he gets his next hog in!!

I don't think you have to be Danish to appreciate that delicious looking hunk of pig!

Rich
EDIT: Ok, I think I've got it now, that's the back rib roast with the full layer of subcutaneous fat and skin still on......do I have it right now?!?!? I MUST ask my butcher to carve this from one of his Berkshire or Kurobota piggy!

Last edited:
Oh, my! That looks out of this world...... So, this cut looks like ribs with the belly meat still attached? I need to know so I can ask my butcher to cut this when he gets his next hog in!!

I don't think you have to be Danish to appreciate that delicious looking hunk of pig!

Rich
EDIT: Ok, I think I've got it now, that's the back rib roast with the full layer of subcutaneous fat and skin still on......do I have it right now?!?!? I MUST ask my butcher to carve this from one of his Berkshire or Kurobota piggy!

hi rich G thank you..
I dont know what that cut is called over there, but found a picture showing where the cut is on the pig. look for SVINEKAM
B2DB566D-20F8-4884-96C8-207A0350019E.png_zps7vqvnw3i.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Americans, as a culture, have let the insurance companies dictate our diets with their actuarial tables so much that we can't even think about eating a roast with pork skin on it. That's why none of us have seen a dish that is common in Europe and the U.K.

Nice flæskesteg Jørgen, miss that a bit :) But it is actually possible to get in supermarkets selling Asian produce/cuts. So maybe I should try same soon :)

Back