Accessories organization

PappyFlynn

First post here, so be gentle. šŸ˜œ Iā€™m looking for some suggestions on organizing all my Thermometers, probes, blower, other accessories etc. in one place. Anyone put a pinch and pull foam type case together for theirs? Would love any suggestions yā€™all can offer.

Iā€™ve gotten cases from Amazon easily enough but, while they are good for units, probes I tend to hang them loosely anyplace I can put them safely. The rest I have carefully placed in a 5 gallon bucket with a seat top, that has thermometer units, various other dozens of ā€œcollectedā€œ items, gloves, skewers, pigtails, etc.
Tool boxes when found on sale, make really good storage boxes.
Iā€™ve got a big ā€œPelicanā€ but, itā€™s got optics in it. More important to save that from damage. The bucket really works well, top closes well enough to not worry about if it gets wet out while Iā€™m between stuff.

I use a couple of garden tool tote bags. Cheap and easy to find what I am looking for. Got them on Amazon for around $10 each

I roll my grill out of the garage so everything is stored in the garage. I picked up a utility cart from Harbor Freight, Made some wood end pieces and imbedded hooks in the wood. On the back I have cooking utensils, on the front, cleaning tools, and on the shelves I have Jerky racks, Weber vegetable smoker pan, all electronics, spare parts, and a couple of lights plus moreCart Cooking Implements.JPG.

Have you been to the Plano outlet store at the factory? There are some really good deals to be found there.

They make some nice pistol cases that would work for BBQ gear as well.
Iā€™d love to go to the outlet depending on location. Thxs for the tip.

I roll my grill out of the garage so everything is stored in the garage. I picked up a utility cart from Harbor Freight, Made some wood end pieces and imbedded hooks in the wood. On the back I have cooking utensils, on the front, cleaning tools, and on the shelves I have Jerky racks, Weber vegetable smoker pan, all electronics, spare parts, and a couple of lights plus moreView attachment 64830.
That is awesome! Nicely done.

Have you been to the Plano outlet store at the factory? There are some really good deals to be found there.

They make some nice pistol cases that would work for BBQ gear as well.
It's been awhile. I used to at least once a year when the secretary of state was across the street.

Forgot to say I keep my thermometer and probe cases indoors.

For stuff that survives outdoors, right now we have a pair of these: https://www.suncast.com/22-gal-small-deck-box.html

I keep charcoal tongs, compact chimney, spare grates, etc. in these.

Yep. I just bought 2 similar size deck boxes for my apartment balcony. No garage here.

Larger deck boxes available:

I'm the world's worst example, but my stuff is partly in a large deck box outside next to where I cook, partly in two cardboard boxes in the garage, and partly (the things that do double duty for both inside and outside cooking, like thermometers and tongs) in a couple of kitchen drawers.

New Thermo-Pop arrived this morning, I will re organize the ā€œBucketā€ this afternoon and get some more careful arrangement of the goods in the thing. Itā€™s not very tidy and that makes me a little crazy sometimes!
Itā€˜s a Virgo thing!

Back