A Weekend for the Birds - Round One

John Sp

TVWBB All-Star
Hello All,This weekend has gone to the birds... chicken that is! Yesterday we went to a nearby college to see sons #4 and #5 play in the District Honor Band. We got back in the late afternoon on a stormy day. I decided to whip up something quick and easy, so I defrosted some boneless bird thighs and skewered them satay fashion. I slapped together a marinade and off we went. Pictures of the proceedings appear below.
Bird Skewers Marinating in a Mixture of Soy, Worcestershire, Oyster Sauce, Garlic, and GingerSkewers on Direct - Very Hot for a Few MinutesSkewers at Mid Cook - Indirect - Grill Running About 375 - Basted with Reserved MarinadeSkewers at the End of the Cook - IT 165Plated with Steamed Broccoli
This turned out really good for almost no investment of time. The bird was tender and juicy and had great flavor. My wife asked me to pour the remaining basting sauce off for her to use on something else. I will definitely be making this again. Next time I may use some dashi or maybe just add some bonito flakes to the marinade. Thanks for Looking...

Regards,

John

Last edited:
Some of the best feasting I have assembled has been directed by the simple need to get something squared away to eat while doing the "stores inventory" done on the way from a job, party, bar, gig, kid appearance or such. Some of the "pressure" cooks have been far better than expected! Strong work.
I miss some but, "hit" more than what I see as normal, I'm due for some real failures.....

Back