A 12lb brisket in the MICROWAVE in less than an hour! How does it turn out?

Len Dennis

TVWBB Diamond Member
Couldn't decide on where to put this post as it IS about brisket but I figure I'll leave it here and Chris can move it if needed.

Guy's got a nice knife collection and is very enthusiastic about his craft. The vid is about 15 minutes long (and a commercial in the middle) but, well watch and see what you think.

Couldn't decide on where to put this post as it IS about brisket but I figure I'll leave it here and Chris can move it if needed.

Guy's got a nice knife collection and is very enthusiastic about his craft. The vid is about 15 minutes long (and a commercial in the middle) but, well watch and see what you think.

That was awesome. Gupta is great. I wonder about microwaving for part of the cook and smoking for the other. I wonder which should be done first? Probably the smoking as I heard that the smoke ring develops in the beginning. It could save a ton of time and charcoal. Smoke for 3-4 hours, wrap in butchers paper and nuke! I may try that some time.

Last edited:
Sacrilege. Mwaves only good for 2 things. reheat coffee and if I am in a hurry for bake potato they go in there, than tossed with S&P and olive oil and put on the grill for crispy skin. Don't laugh at that one. I experimented with this. Doing potatoes from start to finish in A, the oven, B my microwave method and C, in the grill. Other than a little residual smoke flavor from the grill there was no difference. All 3 were excellent and could not be told apart.
But meat has no place in a MWave

I'll take tradition over technology, thankyouverymuch.
Robb Walsh
"There's not much point in complaining about high-tech barbecue. It serves a purpose, and it's here to stay. And no doubt the quality of it will keep on improving. But as the old barbecue joints slowly disappear, each one that remains becomes a bigger treasure."
And I'm not dishing on you Brad, I totally get it!

Last edited:

Back