304 Stainless Steel Charcoal Baskets Heavy Duty Premium

Are these really $80 now? I wanted to buy a set but I thought they were a lot cheaper when they were first introduced.

Wayne
When David first listed the charcoal basket on Amazon he wanted only $30/pair. Now that you can only get them from re-sellers they are much more expensive. BTW the Stainless 22.5" grate from David via Amazon is $50 which I can live with for a life time grate :redmastertouch:

So does this mean David is no longer selling these directly? I don't care how nice they might be, they are not worth $80, at least not to me. I guess I shouldn't have waited and bought them when they first came out.

I have two of Weber's stainless steel hinged grates that I bought some years ago that are still in great shape so I probably won't buy his grate any time soon.

So does this mean David is no longer selling these directly? I don't care how nice they might be, they are not worth $80, at least not to me. I guess I shouldn't have waited and bought them when they first came out.

I have two of Weber's stainless steel hinged grates that I bought some years ago that are still in great shape so I probably won't buy his grate any time soon.
No Wayne, it appears to me that David is selling direct at high but fair prices for high quality merchandise. Others are selling his charcaol baskets for $80/pair, he was selling them for $30/pair - a reasonable price for high quality stainless. Others are not as reasonable. Keep tuned to Chris A's forum for the good stuff at reasonable prices 8)

To be crystal clear: David was selling his baskets direct on Amazon for $30/pair and ran out of stock. David ordered another 500 baskets from his manufacturer and very soon will be selling again direct on Amazon for $30/pair, I believe.

The $80/pair baskets are being sold by an enterprising third-party seller who bought some baskets from David when they were available at $30/pair and is now trying to make a $50 profit.

So just keep checking this link <LINK DELETED>, the baskets will be stocked again on Amazon soon, and when you see the price drop to $30/pair, order them using our link above.

David, I really hope you trebleled your inventory! I think these are the best accessory a "Kettle fan" could ask for, EVER!
I have recommended them to some pretty hard core Weber folk who need them!
My desk guy and the PO and I were talking and he's very interested too! So, I'm crossing my fingers for some other orders from Kalamazoo! I may have to order a couple sets for grandchildren!

David, I really hope you trebleled your inventory! I think these are the best accessory a "Kettle fan" could ask for, EVER!
I have recommended them to some pretty hard core Weber folk who need them!
My desk guy and the PO and I were talking and he's very interested too! So, I'm crossing my fingers for some other orders from Kalamazoo! I may have to order a couple sets for grandchildren!
Timothy, thank you very much for spreading the word!

All, I need to be transparent about this latest shipment.

The baskets are just as thick and the stainless steel is just as shiny. HOWEVER..the factory made this batch from 430 stainless instead of 304. They thought that since these wee not being used for food contact that 304 was overkill.....I wish that had checked with me first but they didn't.

The only difference you will notice is that a magnet will stick to these baskets. They are as pretty and will last as long as the first batch. I just need folks to know that these baskets are 430 SS and not 304 SS.

I am going through some small business growing pains. The journey is a roller coaster ride.

Thank everyone for your support and for supporting this forum by using Chris' link above.

Timothy, thank you very much for spreading the word!

All, I need to be transparent about this latest shipment.

The baskets are just as thick and the stainless steel is just as shiny. HOWEVER..the factory made this batch from 430 stainless instead of 304. They thought that since these wee not being used for food contact that 304 was overkill.....I wish that had checked with me first but they didn't.

The only difference you will notice is that a magnet will stick to these baskets. They are as pretty and will last as long as the first batch. I just need folks to know that these baskets are 430 SS and not 304 SS.

I am going through some small business growing pains. The journey is a roller coaster ride.

Thank everyone for your support and for supporting this forum by using Chris' link above.
David - I ordered yesterday thinking 304 SS , is the quality as good or should i return and wait for next batch?

Chiku, the quality is just as good.

An open offer to anyone who bought from the 1st batch or the 2nd batch....if for any reason over the next three years you do not love these baskets then simply send me a PM with your contact information and I will gladly provide a full refund.

I have my name behind these.

Chiku, the quality is just as good.

An open offer to anyone who bought from the 1st batch or the 2nd batch....if for any reason over the next three years you do not love these baskets then simply send me a PM with your contact information and I will gladly provide a full refund.

I have my name behind these.

Thanks David for the assurance . will keep the order and now I am confident that this will be as good .

To be crystal clear: David was selling his baskets direct on Amazon for $30/pair and ran out of stock. David ordered another 500 baskets from his manufacturer and very soon will be selling again direct on Amazon for $30/pair, I believe.

The $80/pair baskets are being sold by an enterprising third-party seller who bought some baskets from David when they were available at $30/pair and is now trying to make a $50 profit.

So just keep checking this link <LINK DELETED>, the baskets will be stocked again on Amazon soon, and when you see the price drop to $30/pair, order them using our link above.

Chris, thanks for the clarification on the price issue.

As far as the 304 SS vs the 430 SS, the 409 is a cheaper SS and is not as corrosion resistant as 304. With as thick as these baskets are, it probably won't make much of a difference as far as how well they hold up but they possibly will show rust sooner than the 304 will.

David, I would say that if your factory charged you the same price to manufacturer the 430 baskets as they did for the 304 ones, they ripped you off because 430 costs less than 304.

Anyway, I'm glad to see they are back in stock.

Wayne

Last edited:
I was thinking the same as Wayne, if they charged you the same I hope they will send you out an increase in producer to make up for the difference in material cost!
The 304's will outlive me from the look of them, but, I might still need some for "back up".
Do you have any plans for making a replacement "Gourmet" system set up?

I'm probably going to wait until the 304 versions come back out before I buy. I still think that the 430 baskets are a good deal for the money.

Wayne

I'm probably going to wait until the 304 versions come back out before I buy. I still think that the 430 baskets are a good deal for the money.

Wayne

I got one of the new batch and seems like its 304 SS as used magnet (many) test and it had NO pull. May be i was lucky to get 304 one's.

You might have gotten lucky and got some 304 ones. I still have four new un-opened sets of the Weber ones that I got on clearance at Lowes a couple of years ago for $5 a piece plus a couple of sets outside with the grills that are still serviceable so I'm good for awhile.

Wayne

Hi David,
I'm keen on these baskets as well as the s/s grate. However, Amazon will not ship these items to Australia. Is this a something you can change?

Mine just came in yesterday, they are really nice and heavy. Now I have to give them to the wife so she can wrap them and I can act surprised on Christmas day.

David, I received a pair for my birthday in august, they have seen three session a week use until the weather turned really nasty, about three weeks ago and, I cannot sing the praises of them with more gusto! I'm trying to decide if I want to get a set for my sister in laws cottage or simply keep them for my selfish self!

Back