304 Stainless Steel Charcoal Baskets Heavy Duty Premium

M.Stein, they are worth waiting for, I’ve used mine for two years and they are excellent, not one complaint!
The Weber ones are perfectly serviceable but, these will last you the rest of your life. NFI.

M.Stein, they are worth waiting for, I’ve used mine for two years and they are excellent, not one complaint!
The Weber ones are perfectly serviceable but, these will last you the rest of your life. NFI.

Ha, I was half-joking... That just seems to be how my luck goes, figured it would help the rest of the folks looking for them out, if I bought.

- - - Updated - - -

I've reached out to David for a status update.

Thanks Chris, let us know what you hear!

Sez David:

"After many delays the baskets left the warehouse for Amazon two days ago. I am hoping that they will be put in inventory by the end of the month. Thank you for your patience!"

I'm thinking of getting the 304 ss charcoal basket when they are back in stock but I already have a Slow n Sear. My question is, should I still get the charcoal basket and why? And thanks Chris for the status update.

The baskets perform the function of the old style charcoal rails for indirect (two sided) cooking. As well as allowing placement of the heat to the sides you can also put them together in the center for a high heat zone. I don’t have a slow and sear so I can’t speak to the possibility of overlapping or contrasting properties but, for rotisserie work, they are superior to the Weber units. I use them all the time from the day I got them, they have proven to be a beautifully constructed piece of equipment. Thanks David for making them, thanks Chris for providing the review, thanks to my wife’s son for giving
them to me for my birthday!
If anyone is on the fence about getting them, don’t be! Order a set, and you’ll never look back!
M. Stein, I understand entirely, anytime I wait and wait then give in for something “acceptable” it bites me right on the rear! With these, don’t settle, get good metal!
There, you have a slogan!
I want, not really need, a second set, there are times when I could use them.

Last edited:
The baskets perform the function of the old style charcoal rails for indirect (two sided) cooking. As well as allowing placement of the heat to the sides you can also put them together in the center for a high heat zone. I don’t have a slow and sear so I can’t speak to the possibility of overlapping or contrasting properties but, for rotisserie work, they are superior to the Weber units. I use them all the time from the day I got them, they have proven to be a beautifully constructed piece of equipment. Thanks David for making them, thanks Chris for providing the review, thanks to my wife’s son for giving
them to me for my birthday!
If anyone is on the fence about getting them, don’t be! Order a set, and you’ll never look back!
M. Stein, I understand entirely, anytime I wait and wait then give in for something “acceptable” it bites me right on the rear! With these, don’t settle, get good metal!
There, you have a slogan!
I want, not really need, a second set, there are times when I could use them.

Heck, with confirmation that they are, in fact, coming, I will be waiting! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't waiting for something that was possibly a limited time deal, and wasn't ever coming back.

Hey all,

The baskets are available for pre-order now on Amazon as they are expecting more on the 22nd of this month. I just pre-ordered a set.

Thanks for the heads up.

M.Stein, Did you order yours yet? I just want to know when I should order mine. LOL.

I ordered a set of these right now and they will be delivered today.

I just bought the Summit charcoal grilling center last weekend and the OEM baskets shouldn't even be included, they ding the overall quality of the package. :p

I’ve had mine for three years now, if they were ever cool enough to give a deep cleaning, I’m sure they would look great! I think I’ve used them for almost every cook since I’ve gotten them, either as a indirect heat (most often) or, until I got the Vortex, as center fire.
I spend a lot of time at the grill (until polar vortex sends things sideways)
These have been one of the BEST pieces in my grilling equipment arsenal! Thank Dave! They will actually take a 2000 mile road trip when I visit family in a couple of weeks!

I’ve had mine for three years now, if they were ever cool enough to give a deep cleaning, I’m sure they would look great! I think I’ve used them for almost every cook since I’ve gotten them, either as a indirect heat (most often) or, until I got the Vortex, as center fire.
I spend a lot of time at the grill (until polar vortex sends things sideways)
These have been one of the BEST pieces in my grilling equipment arsenal! Thank Dave! They will actually take a 2000 mile road trip when I visit family in a couple of weeks!

Totally agree with the comment - One of the BEST pieces and have used alot as well.

Can you do that mod to these to connect them into 1 bigger SnS-style basket? If so, does anyone know where I could get a pair of them? I'm not sure I trust the 1 newly launched seller on Amazon that has them for $54.

Last edited:
Not sure I really see your question, you can certainly put both baskets “slanted” on one side so you have a one sided indirect fire but, I’m not sure if that’s your question.

Back