2018 Done, 2019 Getting Started

I see a lot of 100s and 1000s and also a fair number of the 300s. My favorite is the 2200, but they don’t come up very often. I agree that they look extra sharp in red. Blue would be nice, too:D!

I got this brand new Q2200 a few weeks ago for $75. It even came with a brand new propane adapter. I am hoping to flip it but so far there has been no interest in any of mt 3 gassers I have for sale. Not even low ball offers. At least I sold my 18.5" WSM. Paid $75 for it, used it a few times and sold it for $160.

It looks like I have my red Q1200 sold - call me the “flipper”:rolleyes:. So, soon I will Q-less;)! I am selling to a really nice newlywed couple who I think will just love it. I am figuring that my Sunbeam “The Judge” has taken its place as my “quick lunch” grill, but if a great deal came up on a 2200 I would probably still be interested .

Yah, if you keep your eyes open, you will find a Q2xxx in no time. If you are dead set on a 2200 vs a 220 or 200, it might take a bit longer, but as far as I know, they all cook about the same. Just a little different lid design and some bells and whistles. Oh, and I would prefer the older Piezo ignition over that crappy electronic crap they use now.

I have a couple Q2xx grills and a Q300 waiting for spring along with my Genesis silvers and 1000's.

Just finished up my latest resto. I am really going to have a hard time parting with this one.
I have searched forever for a 3000, but after finishing this Silver C, I just may keep this one. It
will take a serious buyer to change my mind.

27rIzTNl.jpg

5025UyTl.jpg

XQB4T8kl.jpg

Z6SC61Ml.jpg

Dave that is a nice looking Silver C. If you would, post up a link to the add when/if you put it up for sale.

What cooking grates did you use?

Nice grill Dave. I rehabbed one of those Cs for a good friend last summer and he still can't believe how nice it came out.

Not many grills around with side burners anymore. Looking at the new Webers, you have to spend well over $1000
to buy a new one that has one. That should only help the value on these.

Opinions wanted, please.

pl1faHBl.jpg

I originally painted the entire frame, firebox, and endcaps with high temp
silver paint that I picked up for $1 a can on a blowout sale. I hated it, so
I painted half the firebox black as well as the end caps. No, I don't hate it
as much. It is kind of growing on me. The better question is what will a
prospective buyer think.

What do you think of this?

Hard to say. They might think it is stainless steel and drool over it. I say put it on the market and see what happens. If it doesnt get any action, then consider redoing it in more traditional colors. What happened to the left hand drop down swing table?

To funny I thought it was Stainless did not read it the right way. I think it looks great different for sure someone is going to like that look.

I think it looks great. But then, all my kitchen appliances are black. Great job Dave!!!!!!

What happened to the left hand drop down swing table?

This is how it was when I picked it for free. Other than a new igniter, the paint, and cleaning costs, I have not spent another dime. I took the grinder to the flavorizors, grates and burners. They are still in good condition. I have another grill I can steal the table off of, but then I will be missing one when I restore it. I am planning to try and turn this one like it sits.

Looks clean but yah, people might think it's stainless and get all excited then they'll probably be let down when they find out it isn't. Nice job though.

I agree with Brian that there are some people who will really like it. While my “collector gene” tends to lead me towards the “factory” look, I think my Skyline grill shows that I am willing to vary from that formula - even significantly. I kind of like that as a different, fresh look. My one suggestion is that since you aren’t going to replace the fold-down table, why not salvage the rod and end cap and replace with a plain end cap?

I also like your idea of avoiding spending a bunch and instead trying to turn some profit:eek:. That’s a knack I have yet to find with my Webers, because my collector eyes keep getting in the way. Sad to say that my few successful flips have been Broilmasters and that TEC.

P.s. if it weren’t for tax season:mad: I might have snagged a decent Lynx grill for only $120. A little cleaning and I would have had another easy flip like that TEC - plus the fun of trying one out. It sold in a day.

Yah, getting a complete grill together was tough when I first started rehabbing, but after a while you will find you pick up a few scrap grills and can part them out for other grills and have parts on hand. Otherwise, you have to wait to find a parts grill with the parts you need and that might take a while.

It seems like when I need a part and find a donor grill, the donor grill winds up being in too good of shape to justify parting it out. ahahaha.

Back