2 cooks this weekend to decide keep it or return it.

165 and wrapping in butcher paper.
The SmokeFire has done a great job so far. It did run a little hot but it’s a huge pit, I did notice they updated the app and I have an update to do. So we’ll see if it gets even better.
it uses a fair amount of pellets but again to be expected with this monster.
I have until March 18th to make a decision but at this point it seems like a keeper.

You are sounding a lot more upbeat. That's great.
You know it’s doing as great job, like Dave I had a hard time firing it up the first time, but it’s fired up every time since then. I had always intended to use aluminum pans because I’m not much for cleaning my grills, so I’m over that.
It’s been pretty good for me.
I was just bummed from all the bad press it got as I haven’t stopped talking about it for months!! My coworkers, wife, brother don’t want to here the words smoke and fire again.
I’m happy to see Weber updated the app already and those are the types of things I wanted to see.
Besides if I get rid of it what would we talk about? My new Woodwind? I am really looking forward to Dave‘s review of that, it could be the only hiccup in keeping this.

You know it’s doing as great job, like Dave I had a hard time firing it up the first time, but it’s fired up every time since then. I had always intended to use aluminum pans because I’m not much for cleaning my grills, so I’m over that.
It’s been pretty good for me.
I was just bummed from all the bad press it got as I haven’t stopped talking about it for months!! My coworkers, wife, brother don’t want to here the words smoke and fire again.
I’m happy to see Weber updated the app already and those are the types of things I wanted to see.
Besides if I get rid of it what would we talk about? My new Woodwind? I am really looking forward to Dave‘s review of that, it could be the only hiccup in keeping this.
I don’t see an app update in the iTunes Store. Are you on an android device?

Glad to see yours is working like you want. I've had mine less than a week and only done two cooks, but both turned out as I expected. I did steaks first and then smoked carnitas. For the carnitas I took a pork butt and sliced it into strips, seasoned them and cooked them in an aluminum pan. I set it at 225 and it stayed there for 7 hours ( I covered it after 4). I realize that the pan eliminated the grease issue and I've also shop vac'd any ash after every cook. I jostled the pellets every hour or two as well. It might not be as set it and forget it as people want but so far I'm happy with the results. The food has been excellent.

Back