2 cooks this weekend to decide keep it or return it.

My money is on the Smoke for which I have great respect. However, it is heavily influenced by WHERE in the grill the probe is located. You can have a pretty big difference from grate level to closer to the top.

Probe location as noted by Jon but there can also be factors such as different refresh rate specs between the Smoke and SmokeFire (such as after opening the lid).

Last edited:
Pulled her at 163 and going to let it rest for 20 min, wife made garlic mash potatoes, cornbread and something with carrots.

Was your Smoke probe in a position to get any radiant heat ? The heat rises from the fire pot and then spills out around that heat deflector on top of the fire pot.

I've noticed Weber puts their probe on top of the deflector tent, where its less likely to get direct radiant heat.

That's the only thing I can come up with that might explain those differences.

Actually I guess I should put it right next to Weber’s because that’s the only accurate measurement I can get. It did a nice job and if it nails this beef rib she can stay.

So I have never smoked a turkey breast, it was a big reason I purchased the EX6. I followed BBQ Right’s recipe and this was AMAZING!! I could not be happier and can’t wait to bring this to Thanksgiving at my brothers house, just
as “another option”!
On to the Wagyu rib later tonight or first thing in the AM.

004A4A38-DB13-4A76-8051-B91DBC2D3808.jpegOk on to cook 2, Wagyu beef rib, couldn’t do a big old hunk of meat this weekend so I went with a nice 2 pound beef rib that I’m going to go 225 until it reaches 205-208. It’s on now, ill work on a mop after breakfast.

Now you see why I struggled and struggled to return it, the SmokeFire cranks out amazing food. For me it was probably the how much cleaning it required with the feed issues. If you didn’t have to scrape and scrape for 10 minutes straight, I probably would have tinkered with a couple of Dave’s ideas on mine.

Back