Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

Good day to do some cold smoking.

32107310927_8e4c7f7c76_z.jpg

New state record for brown trout in Missouri, 34 lb. 10 oz.
Caught on 4 lb test line, certified and returned to the lake.

Crews%20brown%20trout.jpg

memory loss - last week I made a pot of hot water - I ground the beans but didn't put them in the basket. I laughed at myself and said I wanted to preheat the insulated carafe.

The day before yesterday I put a dishwasher tablet in the dishwasher, and had half the dishes put away and several back in the sink with gunk still on them when I noticed the unwrapped tablet in the bottom pan of the dishwasher.....so I unwrapped it & ran them through again.

I can't believe some of the stupid things I catch myself doing......

And another thing - why is my eyesight starting to go?

My theory: eyesight, hair, and memory loss occurs slowly so it doesn't shock us so bad..........gives us time to adapt.

My eyesight started going when I was a kid. I was moving up in the classroom by 6th grade to see the board. For the last 15 years I've been considering lasic surgery to correct my eyes. I keep thinking how nice it would be to not need glasses to see clearly things that are not in front of my face.

Go in for a consultation! Either you're a good candidate or you're not. An employee got it done in ~2015 & loved it ($4000), & I mentioned to someone else this Wednesday & they were telling me Do It!, but mine's come on so recently (~4 months) that I want to make sure I balance out before I go in.

For now, I've bought ~10 pairs of readers...... for the office I seem to prefer half glasses for reading the papers & no glasses for the screen. The ones I ordered on ~thursday are like that, 1x, 1.5x, & 3x.

One of my cousins is not a candidate for some reason.

Something else strange is going on in my eyes - a friend has worked in an optometrist's office for >10 years & they took me in & we used all the cool tools & scanners with 2 of their top doctors. There's some sort of mass in one retina. Makes object edges slightly blip sometimes.

I'm falling apart but I'm coming to terms with it....doing what I can to slow the degradation.

My eye Doctor says I'm a good candidate but I haven't gone to get a consultation. It's the price more than anything that's holding me back. I know a few people that have had it done. One was almost blind without glasses and came out still needing corrective lenses, but the improvement was phenomenal. Others have come out with 20-20 and one even better than 20-20. One day I will go in for a consultation, but that day is waiting for a need, or for my wallet to say okay.

For many years I used contact lenses. But I broke down and started wearing glasses because of the dirty dusty work environment I was in at the time. I was getting more than my share of eye infections. I still have contact lenses for the rare opportunitys I I have to get on the dirt bike or quad and play. Riding goggles don't work very well with glasses.

Back