Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Double Weber Grilling Station

TVWBB Hall of Fame Dwain Pannell's Avatar
    Nicely done Parker. Very clean design.

Awesome!

Thanks for all of the positive feedback. I got a chance this weekend to finish the cabinet and add some lid hangers. I just used a simple J hook but i am curious to any better ways of doing this. A google search surprisingly dint show much. I also got to do some ribs on this bad boy for the old lady. They turned out awesome just simple salt, black pepper, Sweet Baby Rays.

Not sure how long they run on a set of Energizers, but I'd consider a set of these.

BD

I like everything, but we got to do something better then them j hooks
    Do the new lids still have a built in hook inside? They were made to hook on the edge of a kettle, but I find it easier to hook it on the forward handle on my OTG.
    If you have them you could buy a few U shaped handles or brackets and use that.
    Another option is the Slide-aside. https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...26CU14/tvwb-20 I have that on another OTG and have seen some mount it on the side of a table.

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    I'm going to disagree with Tim on this one.
    Your method makes it quick and easy to hang the lid rather than fiddling to find the tiny hook inside.
    You have the space to do it the way you're set up.
    Lid hinges would be nice, but come at a price, to the tune of $58 each.
    Also, your build and ribs look great!
    Last edited by Bob Correll; 02-11-2019 at 04:30 PM.
    and a Pit Boss Kamado

I really like the idea of some sort of lighting. Luckily there once was a hot tub wired up on the corner of my house right next to the grilling station. So i plan to use this connection to hard wire an overhead light and a switch. I am also luck because my house is only a 1/4 mile from the Pamlico river which is 4+ miles wide and can be extremely windy but i am in the middle of very thick eastern NC woods and it would have to blow a gale for me to even notice it. So i do not have to worry about adjusting my grill location to avoid wind direction.

TVWBB Honor Circle Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    I’m seeing everyone’s take on “modifications”.
    Since you have electricity readily available, that makes the illumination easy enough, the LED strip lights would be great, and not too tough to install (they make a plug in version as well as the battery one), hinges can be installed at any time so, when finances are at hand, install them, or do one and see if you like it before you do them both.
    From my experience installing one on my 18” I placed it so the hinge swings to the side rather than the back, that’s just my preference, I have the old style performer bowl bale and the replacement lid Weber sent, after a walnut tree branch dented the original, has the regular kettle “hook” so, I need to turn it around when I put it in the bale. Not a big deal but, I’m still considering another hinge.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Quote Originally Posted by Parker Bateman View Post
    I really like the idea of some sort of lighting. Luckily there once was a hot tub wired up on the corner of my house right next to the grilling station. So i plan to use this connection to hard wire an overhead light and a switch.
    I'm sure you already know this, but make sure that hot tub was wired for 110 not 220v.

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    I'm sure you already know this, but make sure that hot tub was wired for 110 not 220v.

Tim
    220 or 221. Whatever it takes!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast