Getting low...hope to make it until Memorial Day!

ChadVKealey

TVWBB Pro

I also have a half-bag of KBB and most of a box of lump, but I think it's going to be close. I might have to break down and buy some at regular price :(

The only good thing about this situation is that it's easier to justify to SWMBO when I come home with a trunk full of charcoal. Heh...now that I have a pickup truck, I can fit a LOT more in it than my old Focus. ;) Plus, I can back it right up to the shed in the yard to unload!

a 6.5 bed will hold a pallets worth :)

Dang it...I knew I should have gotten the long bed. My Tacoma's is only 5' long. That still should hold several months worth, though. I could fit 10 twin-packs in the back of my Focus with the back seats folded down, and that typically got me through most of the year.

Plus, I can back it right up to the shed in the yard to unload!

I buy 1,000 lbs. each year during the Labor Day Sale, usually from Lowe's as they don't have a limit. I have to store most of it in my barn which is about 500 feet from my house. I'm envious Chad that you can back up your truck to unload. I can in the summer, but winter is a different story, especially this year as we just passed 42 inches of rain. Tends to be a long walk with a two pack on your shoulder. The savings are worth it however.

I still have 5 bags left, so I'm good. Looks like I have an 18 bag a year habit.

I buy 1,000 lbs. each year during the Labor Day Sale, usually from Lowe's as they don't have a limit. I have to store most of it in my barn which is about 500 feet from my house. I'm envious Chad that you can back up your truck to unload. I can in the summer, but winter is a different story, especially this year as we just passed 42 inches of rain. Tends to be a long walk with a two pack on your shoulder. The savings are worth it however.

Holy Moly!!!! And I thought me buying 15 twin packs was a lot. I still have one twin pack left though.

I put a small shed right in the middle of Grill Ave. I have 16 bags left since stocking up in on Labor Day. Because of all the rain this winter I mostly used my gassers on the covered patio.
DSCN2095_zpsvgxkswuk.jpg

DSCN5899_zpsdiho6pgh.jpg

Last edited:
Chad, I don't know if you're a member, but Sam's had a twin pack of 19.5 pound bags on sale for $15. Not the $10 twin pack that Lowes and Home depot put on sale, but enough to get you through until the holiday sales.

I put a small shed right in the middle of Grill Ave. I have 16 bags left since stocking up in on Labor Day. Because of all the rain this winter I mostly used my gassers on the covered patio.
DSCN2095_zpsvgxkswuk.jpg

DSCN5899_zpsdiho6pgh.jpg

I have the same exact shed, but it houses my WSM, chimneys, and other miscellaneous grilling/smoking needs. I usually keep one unopened bag in there plus whichever one I'm working through, plus a couple buckets of "reclaimed" charcoal that I use in my grills.

Last edited:
I'm seeing the bottom of the stack too, down to the last three doubles. I should be OK, maybe....
This summer will require some careful redesigning of winter storage floor plan. Adding the gasser has caused a bit of a "space war" between grills and garden "stuff" to be kind. Well, one must maintain harmony betwixt man and wife! I'm not too worried, "She" says I can stuff five pounds of S--- in a four pound bag, and I can, almost...

Back in the early 20th century a man was judged by his woodpile. Now I see in the digital age that my charcoal cache is way lacking. I need to catch up! I mean, how am I gonna face my friends with only a couple of bags of Kingsford? Kim and I must talk.

DSCN2095_zpsvgxkswuk.jpg

DSCN5899_zpsdiho6pgh.jpg

That is a thing of beauty. Please repost Grill Ave with the covers off the grills.

That's the nice thing about running the mini-wsms and the 14.5 WSM, so dang efficient I only need to buy a few bags here and there (even smoking several times a week). No need to hog up valuable garage square footage!

Back