What's your favorite WSM accessories?

John_H

TVWBB Member
Just curious what you've enjoyed. There are so many accessories, what have you had that you use on a consistent basis?

My Unknown BBQ Hinge is probably the best accessory I've added to my WSM 22. I never have to look for a spot to set the lid down or get that nasty grease ring on the deck.

Bill

Is this for Weber made accessories or any accessory for the WSM?

My favorite non-Weber accessory are the casters I installed to make it fast and easy to roll the WSM to/from the back patio.

The Lid Hinge, Gaskets and the Side Table mods!!! The Thermoworks SMOKE (I guess it's an accessory for the WSM)!!!!

Mine is the cart I made out of a genesis 1000 frame to move my 18.5 WSM around.

DSCN3595_zpsh1o6u3cp.jpg

I'm with bob, my bbq guru is a godsend. And I'm convinced it's paid for itself as I use less charcoal (no water pan with the guru).

Hinge, although I think I need to modify mine a bit as the "hold open" slot seems a little deep and I have to two hand lift the lid up to close. I know that this is designed this way to make sure the lid doesn't accidentally close, but.....

Heatermeter and gaskets.

Rib racks. I could give up my hinges, my temp controls, my tables, and any other toy. Giving up my rib racks would fundamentally change my ability to put out a large volume of food. More often than not, when I Light up the 22, I pack it full.

It's gotta be the Maverick for me. It makes it so much easier to monitor. I know some people think it's cheating but I love it.
I'd really like to get a BBQ guru next.

Back