You know you're getting old when...

If I want a cocktail, I don’t really want a child’s candy. Martini is gin (or Vodka (007 style)) served “As cold as a mother in laws heart and, held by the throat.” (great quote). But, my go to is still a “Perfect Manhattan”.
I stray now and then but, those are standards.
Scotch. Ice, or ice and water optional.

A Seltzer or Club Soda was something you ordered in a bar when not drinking.
Now you got a bazillion hard seltzers and beer seltzers.

A Seltzer or Club Soda was something you ordered in a bar when not drinking.
Now you got a bazillion hard seltzers and beer seltzers.
Yah...... and be careful, those new ones *ARE* alcoholic, and sell well.

I'm not a cocktail sort. Pretty much everything I drink is on it's own, a good beer, a good glass of wine, or a spirit straight up. Okay, maybe spirits with a rock, but that's about it.

Then again, Bloody Marys are alcoholic salads.

attachment.php

When you traveled around using free paper folding maps from service stations.
Those same service stations had a person who would fill your tank, check your oil, and clean your windshield.
I still remember the first time I filled my own tank, in the Rocky Mountains, 1967 Firebird, around 1968.

Those same service stations had a person who would fill your tank, check your oil, and clean your windshield.
I still remember the first time I filled my own tank, in the Rocky Mountains, 1967 Firebird, around 1968.
Does NJ still ban self-serve gas stations?

About the only thing the Mrs. ever liked about going through Jersey.

In Oregon you aren't supposed to pump your own gas, but it's rare to see a pump jockey even wash a windshield. If you're riding a motorcycle, they almost always have you pump your own. Guessing they know the possible consequences if they spill gas on the wrong paint job :cautious:

I've gotten so darn old since that thread started that I can't remember how to do the math on just how long it has been. lol 48 days?

You are old if you grew up with one of these

Attachments

• BC72DD8F-45A6-405B-9EE0-7D66BADA00DE.jpeg
    BC72DD8F-45A6-405B-9EE0-7D66BADA00DE.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 20

Back