You know you're getting old when...

DanHoo

TVWBB Diamond Member
If I want a cocktail, I don’t really want a child’s candy. Martini is gin (or Vodka (007 style)) served “As cold as a mother in laws heart and, held by the throat.” (great quote). But, my go to is still a “Perfect Manhattan”.
I stray now and then but, those are standards.
Scotch. Ice, or ice and water optional.

timothy

TVWBB Olympian
A Seltzer or Club Soda was something you ordered in a bar when not drinking.
Now you got a bazillion hard seltzers and beer seltzers.

JKalchik

TVWBB Guru
A Seltzer or Club Soda was something you ordered in a bar when not drinking.
Now you got a bazillion hard seltzers and beer seltzers.
Yah...... and be careful, those new ones *ARE* alcoholic, and sell well.

I'm not a cocktail sort. Pretty much everything I drink is on it's own, a good beer, a good glass of wine, or a spirit straight up. Okay, maybe spirits with a rock, but that's about it.

Then again, Bloody Marys are alcoholic salads.

Joan

TVWBB Platinum Member
attachment.php

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
When you traveled around using free paper folding maps from service stations.
Those same service stations had a person who would fill your tank, check your oil, and clean your windshield.
I still remember the first time I filled my own tank, in the Rocky Mountains, 1967 Firebird, around 1968.

Those same service stations had a person who would fill your tank, check your oil, and clean your windshield.
I still remember the first time I filled my own tank, in the Rocky Mountains, 1967 Firebird, around 1968.
Does NJ still ban self-serve gas stations?

About the only thing the Mrs. ever liked about going through Jersey.

Bob Bailey

TVWBB Pro
In Oregon you aren't supposed to pump your own gas, but it's rare to see a pump jockey even wash a windshield. If you're riding a motorcycle, they almost always have you pump your own. Guessing they know the possible consequences if they spill gas on the wrong paint job :cautious:

Joan

TVWBB Platinum Member
I've gotten so darn old since that thread started that I can't remember how to do the math on just how long it has been. lol 48 days?

T Gabriel

TVWBB Fan
You are old if you grew up with one of these

Attachments

• BC72DD8F-45A6-405B-9EE0-7D66BADA00DE.jpeg
    BC72DD8F-45A6-405B-9EE0-7D66BADA00DE.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 18