You know you're getting old when...

I suppose for some people, you know you're getting old when you can remember JFK's assassination.
One of my all-time favorites! Great casting, as well as writing and acting. On par with MASH.
How about remembering seeing Korean War news? Or the McCarthy hearings?
As for Hogan vs MASH, I place Hogan's Heroes WAY ahead of MASH because it never lost sight of what it was supposed to be rather than being a soap box for Alan Alda. It got so bad I could not stand him anymore and totally stopped watching it. Once Wayne Rogers left and McClain Stephenson it was downhill in my book. And another thing I loved about Hogan is how funny it was when you saw Kinchloe in a German uniform. Even today it still cracks me up. Almost as much as watching Moe Howard imitate Hitler

How about remembering seeing Korean War news? Or the McCarthy hearings?
As for Hogan vs MASH, I place Hogan's Heroes WAY ahead of MASH because it never lost sight of what it was supposed to be rather than being a soap box for Alan Alda. It got so bad I could not stand him anymore and totally stopped watching it. Once Wayne Rogers left and McClain Stephenson it was downhill in my book. And another thing I loved about Hogan is how funny it was when you saw Kinchloe in a German uniform. Even today it still cracks me up. Almost as much as watching Moe Howard imitate Hitler
Mash the movie was awesome, Donald Sutherland was an a great Hawkeye Pierce. I do wish that the sitcom was more like Donald Sutherland version of Hawkeye Pierce. I did like the other characters in the sitcom, but I agree with you, Alan Alda's Hawkeye did get old fast

"Alan Alda's Hawkeye did get old fast"

And for me, he was the only reason I watched Mash. I guess you have to be a woman to really enjoy him.

"Alan Alda's Hawkeye did get old fast"

And for me, he was the only reason I watched Mash. I guess you have to be a woman to really enjoy him.
Yeah I guess you and my mother because he rode his dad's shirt tails. Me? I got sick of the soap box of him and Gary Burghoff. I did watch the final episode. Waste of 2 hours or whatever it was. Wife sort of liked it but was kinda in my camp as well. I think I watched it more just to see how the show would be put out of it's misery :D

when you remember when kitchen appliances lasted longer than 8-10 years. Just about everything in our kitchen needs to be replaced.. We can only cook on the grill, slowcooker and the other side of the waffle maker. lol And the washer and dryer in the garage need to be replaced also. :rolleyes:

when you remember when kitchen appliances lasted longer than 8-10 years. Just about everything in our kitchen needs to be replaced.. We can only cook on the grill, slowcooker and the other side of the waffle maker. lol And the washer and dryer in the garage need to be replaced also. :rolleyes:
We've had great service out of our appliances since switching to Frigidaire brand. I know, I know, most brands come out of the same factories, but they do produce more than one quality level. Either that, or we've just gotten lucky since we started buying only Frigidaire.

We've had great service out of our appliances since switching to Frigidaire brand. I know, I know, most brands come out of the same factories, but they do produce more than one quality level. Either that, or we've just gotten lucky since we started buying only Frigidaire.
Boy there's a new one. Made the mistake of buying a fridge by them. What a freakin' nightmare of a piece of junk, same with Electrolux dishwasher (same company). Thank heavens Best Buy stood behind us and replaced the fridge with a Whirlpool. So much better.

Boy there's a new one. Made the mistake of buying a fridge by them. What a freakin' nightmare of a piece of junk, same with Electrolux dishwasher (same company). Thank heavens Best Buy stood behind us and replaced the fridge with a Whirlpool. So much better.
We had trouble with Whirlpool washers and dryers in the past. Your Whirlpool fridge was probably the higher quality tier, like the Frigidaire stuff we're buying or maybe just a Monday morning machine.

I’ll chime in at the ripe old age of 42. ;)

I remember when:

• We answered the phone without knowing who was calling
  • The phone was rotary dial, attached to the wall and the cord was about 10 feet long
  • You had to get up to change the channel and the TV was built inside a wooden box
  • ZZ Top, MJ, Motely Crüe and more - were played on a record player
  • Our Cordoba and Datsun didn’t have air bags
  • We rode in the back of the mini van without seats or seat belts
  • Charcoal BBQ’s and Kingsford were the only way Dad grilled outside
  • Soda Pop always came in a glass bottle
  • 1 cent candies existed
  • Milk and “Beep” juice were delivered to our door. (If you’re from Canada, you know what “Beep” is.)
  • No internet or cell phones
  • I showed up at my friend’s houses and we played outside
  • Alf always tried to eat the cat
  • B.A. Baracus hated flying and Hannibal always had a cigar
  • Michael and Kit were always on after the A-Team
  • G.I. Joe, He-Man and Transformers filled our toy chest
  • Wearing a hat inside school was forbidden
  • We stood for the national anthem every morning
  • Friday evenings were spent watching Family Matters, Perfect strangers and re-runs of M*A*S*H*
  • Sundays were family days and stores were closed

Pizza delivery was mom making one of these and delivering it to the family room.

dwfgtQF_noU1LW-SSZ-iS8Dxu7cASd_v6UI3_istaHLRyVDRZLrwmzONhnYzkJl5BL7vPMlP6zJQQ-Csq2wqafQZsHTGsoo-0pMPklPoE7hOyK1iacin7OIdh1-oy81XcSneRSBG6wf5q2ZZTMEOF5oXZik0dF3CEHWf5tprAwq7kpj1PssT2naBSrOswPtFA5JPPggXlw=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu

Back