Working towards Monday Al Pastor

Here we go finally dinner! Started with blue corn to make some tortillas.
IMG_20220627_160257669.jpg

Happy international Pineapple Day!!!
IMG_20220627_160501428.jpg

First pic of me slicing the loaves.After that picture I started to slice thinner.
IMG_20220627_164210888.jpg

Started to cook the meat, while my right hand daughter was manning the blue tortilla station.
IMG_20220627_165345056.jpg

Here we go first bit. Oh yeah!!! It is good!
IMG_20220627_170136504.jpg

Ready to serve.
IMG_20220627_171009270.jpg

Tacos.
IMG_20220627_172016335.jpg
IMG_20220627_172025735.jpg
Getting ready for the first bit.
IMG_20220627_172040000.jpg

Time for dessert. They made me homemade upside down pineapple cake.
IMG_20220627_170636938.jpg

And blueberry crumble Incase the first one didn't come out.
IMG_20220627_170641253.jpg

Both dessert were as good as the four tacos.

Last edited:
Here we go finally dinner! Started with blue corn to make some tortillas.
View attachment 53937

Happy international Pineapple Day!!!
View attachment 53938

First pic of me slicing the loaves.After that picture I started to slice thinner.
View attachment 53936

Started to cook the meat, while my right hand daughter was manning the blue tortilla station.
View attachment 53939

Here we go first bit. Oh yeah!!! It is good!
View attachment 53941

Ready to serve.
View attachment 53942

Tacos.
View attachment 53943
View attachment 53960
Getting ready for the first bit.
View attachment 53945

Time for dessert. They made me homemade upside down pineapple cake.
View attachment 53946

And blueberry crumble Incase the first one didn't come out.
View attachment 53947

Both dessert were as good as the four tacos.
I'd say you nailed it Michael!

jury awaits a verdict!!! looks spectacular! worth the time spent and effort? hungry minds want to know.

Happy birthday! You certainly ate well - hope the rest of your day was great.

jury awaits a verdict!!! looks spectacular! worth the time spent and effort? hungry minds want to know.
It was really good, but not a complete grand slam like the Birria was, or the rotisserie chicken tinga tacos/enchiladas are, or the Carnitas, or the chilies Verde, or the empanadas, but still good. I think it is hard when I have learned to make so many amazing things with this site as my spring board. Flavor was close to where I wanted it, the citrus of the orange and pineapple juice come through at the front of the bit and the rehydrated peppers come through at the end with a touch of heat linked up with the smoke flavor, but the middle was muddled. The texture wasn't were I wanted, it was almost too soft, despite frying up nicely in the CI Skillet tonight. The family really really liked it, but I am the toughest critic. It was still good, just not a done process or recipe at this point for me. I will come back to Al Pastor from another angle here soon.

I am looking forward to my enchiladas for lunch tomorrow, and it was part of a great overall evening with the family.

It was really good, but not a complete grand slam like the Birria was, or the rotisserie chicken tinga tacos/enchiladas are, or the Carnitas, or the chilies Verde, or the empanadas, but still good. I think it is hard when I have learned to make so many amazing things with this site as my spring board. Flavor was close to where I wanted it, the citrus of the orange and pineapple juice come through at the front of the bit and the rehydrated peppers come through at the end with a touch of heat linked up with the smoke flavor, but the middle was muddled. The texture wasn't were I wanted, it was almost too soft, despite frying up nicely in the CI Skillet tonight. The family really really liked it, but I am the toughest critic. It was still good, just not a done process or recipe at this point for me. I will come back to Al Pastor from another angle here soon.

I am looking forward to my enchiladas for lunch tomorrow, and it was part of a great overall evening with the family.
But you had a happy birthday and the boss didn’t fire you at your meeting. I’d call that a very successful trip around the sun.

Looks like everything was a success! Good job! Like you, my first try at Al Pastor wasn’t overwhelming. Maybe I’ll try again someday, until then I’m happy using marinated flank steak or chicken for my Mexican cravings.

Back