Wings and ribs

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Made weekday lunch foods before the weather turns. Injected wings with Frank's and beer. Seasoned with chipotle, garlic and onion powder. Smoked with cherry and KBB.

Ribs I marinated with Bachan’s Spicy Japanese BBQ sauce. Seasoned with white pepper, black pepper, onion and garlic powder. Same smoke as above threw them on after the wings.

Both done at 325°f pit temp on the 14.5 WSM

IMG_3437.jpeg

IMG_3446.jpeg

IMG_3449.jpeg

Oh yeah I baked a no knead Dutch oven loaf of bread.

IMG_3442.jpeg

Wow, very nice. Tell more about the bread please
Pretty simple to make Here's my recipe for no knead bread

170 grams of 100°f-110°f water
7 grams Yeast

Mix those two items together and allow to froth up a good 10 minutes

450 grams AP flour
12 grams kosher salt

Mix together. Add water and yeast to dry mix and mix until everything is wet. Mix will look shaggy.
Cover with damp towel and allow to rise 2 hours up to 8 hours. After 2 hours the dough should look like one mass, should have doubled in size and look bubbly.

When you're ready to bake pre-heat oven and dutch oven and lid to 500°. I like to place the dutch oven and lid on a baking sheet to make them easier to handle when hot. Gently turn out dough onto a floured surface. grab an edge fold to center grab other side and fold over top. This folding step is important as it will add air pockets into the loaf. Flip and place on a piece of parchment paper cut to fit Dutch oven. Lightly dust off excess flour. Slash top of bread with you whatever pattern you like with a bread lame or sharp whetted knife. Carefully place into the hot Dutch oven and cover with lid. Bake 25 minutes with lid on. Remove lid and cook until desired color

Allow to cool and serve.

Note:

You can leave the dough in the fridge for 3-4 days if needed. Make sure to bring back to room temperature before baking. The dough can also be frozen but I have found the results aren't as good.

You can add other items like cheese, peppers, olives, spices if you like.

I added a Separate post for the bread recipe and process:

Back