No Knead Bread

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Some asked about the no knead bread recipe from this post :

Wing and Ribs

Its a quick and easy bread to make. 10 minutes prep, two hours (minimum) rise time @ 70°f, 25-35 minutes bake time. Pretty simple to make Here's my recipe for no knead bread

170 grams of 100°f-110°f water
7 grams Yeast

Mix those two items together and allow to froth up a good 10 minutes

450 grams AP flour
12 grams kosher salt

Mix together. Add water and yeast to dry mix and mix until everything is wet. Mix will look shaggy.
Cover with damp towel and allow to rise 2 hours up to 8 hours. After 2 hours the dough should look like one mass, should have doubled in size and look bubbly.

When you're ready to bake pre-heat oven and dutch oven and lid to 500°. I like to place the dutch oven and lid on a baking sheet to make them easier to handle when hot. Gently turn out dough onto a floured surface. grab an edge fold to center grab other side and fold over top. This folding step is important as it will add air pockets into the loaf. Flip and place on a piece of parchment paper cut to fit Dutch oven. Lightly dust off excess flour. Slash top of bread with you whatever pattern you like with a bread lame or sharp whetted knife. Carefully place into the hot Dutch oven and cover with lid. Bake 25 minutes with lid on. Remove lid and cook until desired color

Allow to cool and serve.

Note:

You can leave the dough in the fridge for 3-4 days if needed. Make sure to bring back to room temperature before baking. The dough can also be frozen but I have found the results aren't as good.

You can add other items like cheese, peppers, olives, spices if you like.

I like to temp my bread internally to check to see if its done This bread is done when its around 198°f-200°f

img_3442-jpeg.81097

Thanks @CaseT !

Quick question: Is the yeast "instant yeast" or "active dry yeast"

I want to presume "active dry yeast" yet thought I'd ask to be sure.

thanks again

IDY and ADY have different measurements when adding yeast. To confirm, this recipe is ADY with the above measurements?
Same for both with this recipe. If in doubt add a bit more. This is a pretty forgiving recipe. Of the mix is too dry add more water to wet add more flour. If you think your yeast is dead add some more!

Great cook Case, as I get older simple is one of my favorite words for cooking.
Thanks for the bread recipe going to give that a try, again simple is good. ;)
Yep this is a simple bead to make and great when you think you want some without all the wait.

My first loaf of bread was the Lahey NY Times no knead.....it was eye opening!

Like BBQ, bread can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it!

Great looking loaf, Case, and I'm sure it was great with some butter, jam or whatever!!

R

Back