Whole Packer at Costco

DennisM

TVWBB Pro
I bought a 12lb Choice packer at my local costco today. Previously I only found them at the Business center. Hopefully this will continue....

Our Costco only sells flats, I get my packers from a local butcher which is fine because I like to support the little guy.

I have never seen a packer at Costco either but Sams Club sells them, at least they used to I haven't looked for one there in a while.

Yesterday Barb and I were in Walmart and they had a center cooler in the meat department that must of had 20 full packers in it.

I've never seen a whole packer at my local Costco. They have untrimmed flats in cyro upon occasion.
The WalMarts in town don't have packers.
I might check out the big WalMart in Vista, CA. They might have them.
The best I've been able to do is at Smart & Final. They usually have select & upon occasion choice.

Was looking for one right before Labor Day weekend, neither WalMart or Costco carried them in my area. I asked a guy in the meat department at Costco if they ever get them and was told when they do they don't sell, and when they don't people ask for them! :confused: I ended up getting a 14+ lb choice on special (cheaper than the select) for $3.29/lb. at a Smart & Final affiliate, called Cash & Carry, a restaurant supply in Modesto that sells to the public. They told me they always have them.

Back