Who Else has a Ranch Kettle?

I'm checking CL every day for one of these bad dogs.
It may mean that I'll have to sleep in the garage for a while, but I think It'd be worth it.
You could just sleep in the kettle. :D If it gets cold at night just light a few coals.

I don't what I'd do with it either, but looking at all these pictures makes me want one badly...already have approval from the wife unit to get it, just haven't told her how much it is lol

Believe me you will wonder how you managed without 'all that space' once you get one. I rarely use more than one chimney of charcoal. The only time i load up two chimneys if direct cooking for a lot of people. Otherwise, direct move to indirect and switch foods back and forth.

I've been lurking on this site for awhile and love it! Great resource. I own many Webers and my pride and joy is the Weber Ranch Kettle purchased in 2006. Besides grilling, i do a lot of smoking on it. Searching this site it appears that not many 'enthusiast' own the Ranch Kettle. So this is a call out for pictures and owners of Ranch Kettles and the magic that you work on this versatile beast!

PS: After many years of smoking on my Ranch, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a 22.5" WSM from Cabelas (used up my points!). I also ordered the expandable rack and some hooks from PBC for cooking variety on the WSM. I agonized over the decision, but the draw of not tending the temps on the ranch finally led me down the path. The WSM arrives today!

I'd love to have a ranch kettle, but the property manager at my apartment complex would kill me (I already have a 22.5" WSM and a 22.5" kettle in the yard). Maybe when/if I get a house, I'll get one.

I found a Weber King Ranch last month down in Gainesville, FL. A young guy that works at a BGE dealer was getting rid of his for $300.00. I flew down one evening after getting my dad's truck and picked it up!

The only issue with it, is that it appears to have been a promotional item that Weber made for Budweiser and has the "Budweiser" cursive script logo emblazoned across the lid dome two times. My girlfriend says that it looks redneck as hell with the logo, but I'm glad to have finally found a Ranch after keeping an eye on craigslist for over 2 years after I learned about the giant UFO grill.

Aside from the Bud logo, I need to order two more caster wheels, as the two on it right now are all gummed up with dirt and one is broken.

A call to Weber revealed that a replacement cooking grate runs $200.00 and the charcoal grate is $75.00 with a flat rate of $7.00 for shipping.

IMG_2745 by e4dorla, on Flickr

IMG_2791 by e4dorla, on Flickr

IMG_2792 by e4dorla, on Flickr

Last edited:
I got one too. About 5 years ago off Craigslist used twice for 375. Haven’t used it a ton but it has been great for a few weddings and birthday parties. It’s perfect for cooking philly cheese steaks using my giant 24” cast iron skillet. Here she is in action.

Attachments

• 0D7F3334-3EC4-4921-920A-615B2DBFFF65.jpeg
    0D7F3334-3EC4-4921-920A-615B2DBFFF65.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 35
  • F20D7709-E541-4953-B871-C2A14F008272.jpeg
    F20D7709-E541-4953-B871-C2A14F008272.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 5FBA289D-B8CC-4396-8DE6-09D371252033.jpeg
    5FBA289D-B8CC-4396-8DE6-09D371252033.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 35
I have a ranch. Don't use it a lot, but it was worth the cost when I do. I could only find one pic in use, kabobs for my brothers wedding:

ranch_zps2d642d35.jpg

We use it for family gatherings on holidays and for party's.
How many bags of charcoal did you use?

I’d love to find one of these for a serious bargain but, I don’t think my wife would approve.
I don’t need the extra real estate very often but, now and then, it would be very convenient!

Back