Who Else has a Ranch Kettle?

I found a Weber King Ranch last month down in Gainesville, FL. A young guy that works at a BGE dealer was getting rid of his for $300.00. I flew down one evening after getting my dad's truck and picked it up!

The only issue with it, is that it appears to have been a promotional item that Weber made for Budweiser and has the "Budweiser" cursive script logo emblazoned across the lid dome two times. My girlfriend says that it looks redneck as hell with the logo, but I'm glad to have finally found a Ranch after keeping an eye on craigslist for over 2 years after I learned about the giant UFO grill.

Aside from the Bud logo, I need to order two more caster wheels, as the two on it right now are all gummed up with dirt and one is broken.

A call to Weber revealed that a replacement cooking grate runs $200.00 and the charcoal grate is $75.00 with a flat rate of $7.00 for shipping.

IMG_2745 by e4dorla, on Flickr

IMG_2791 by e4dorla, on Flickr

IMG_2792 by e4dorla, on Flickr
Per Foxworthy's book of redneck qualifications, a beer logo on your Weber doesn't count. Beer logo on cheap *ss offset does count for bonus points however.

Hi friends,

I’m also a proud member of the Ranch Kettle Club :)
Here are some pics.
It’s a 2012 model.

View attachment 26862
View attachment 26863
View attachment 26864

Jan
Jan welcome to the club! Get used to the questions and a lot of crowds around your ranch when in use. The most common besides how big is that is how many bags of charcoal does it take LOL... that ranch looks brand new. Either the grate is new or was never cooked on no? Enjoy the Ranch it is a beast but does take a little getting used to. Look forward to seeing future cooks on it.

Jan welcome to the club! Get used to the questions and a lot of crowds around your ranch when in use. The most common besides how big is that is how many bags of charcoal does it take LOL... that ranch looks brand new. Either the grate is new or was never cooked on no? Enjoy the Ranch it is a beast but does take a little getting used to. Look forward to seeing future cooks on it.
There was a Smokey Joe for sale and on the pics in the background you could see a huge Weber box. I called her, she was about to leave Germany in the next week, and asked for the box and whats inside. She said nothing but to be sure she took a look and right on the call she said some big Weber stuff and posted me some pics right on WhatsApp.
Ok it was a NIB ranch kettle and she was happy to get rid off it. We agreed on a fair price. So I jumpt into the car and drove 3h to her to get it. Unfortunately the ash pan and also the charcoal grate are missing. I ordered both parts at Weber last week and can't wait to receive it to make a first cook on the Ranch.
With the missing parts and the fantasy pricing of Ranch Kettle parts it's not that cheap anymore but I am still happy with it!

JwTWyfdl.jpg

One load of charcoal and lots of space to cook an entire meal at once. Don't know how I managed on a 22" for so many years b/c the ability to transfer food around is crazy.
Underrated benefit IMO, especially for those who cook different food at the same time. I’ve been looking for a 26” but think I’d regret it instantly as soon as I saw a Ranch in person.

Back