What is everyone cooking this weekend?

Going to try out some ribs on my WSM 18 on Saturday and then run some chicken leg quarters on Sunday. Any tips will be more than helpful as these will be my first cooks, but I am looking forward to getting smokin!

Got a turkey breast bone in with about 60 wings on my 22.5. I smoke at 290 for 4 hours on the turkey and 2 hours on the wings. Using apple wood and the pan filled 3/4 with water

Cooked a 5lb slab of pork spare ribs. I am a new WSM owner and assumed the ribs would not fit on the grate flat. I am very glad I did not have to roll or cut them. I cooked them 2 hours at 275 degrees. I sauced and wrapped in foil for another two hours. Final product was decent. I have a little ways to go but had a good afternoon!

rubbed, trimmed up and put on the cooker.

Here is the final product. Ribs did not have much good bark. What do ya'll think?

Decent little smoke ring

Got a turkey breast bone in with about 60 wings on my 22.5. I smoke at 290 for 4 hours on the turkey and 2 hours on the wings. Using apple wood and the pan filled 3/4 with water

Turkey Breast that was brined applied a Cajun rub:

Turkey when pulled from WSM:

Wings with a Dry Rub

Wings when pulled from WSM:

I did a 7.3lb PB on Saturday in my gf's dad's new Brinkmann from Home Depot. I didn't trust the smoker so I cut the PB in half and rubbed and smoked that. I'm glad I didn't trust it because it leaked a TON of air and with a water pan I struggled to keep it under 350 (it even got to 450!). Turned out great in the end but required constant watch. It was a camping trip so I didn't bring my WSM.

11 lb butt is rubbed and ready to go on my 18.5" at 5pm. Hoping it'll be ready by tomorrow at around 2. (My 9 lb butts have been taking almost 16 hours).

bought two fat ribeyes I am going to reverse sear on the WSM and then finish on gas grill tonight... Going to run to the store and see whats on sale to smoke Sunday.

Gonna do 4 racks of baby backs...was thinking I'd do another Butt today, but had a bit too much fun last night. Wasn't able to get everything prepped, and certainly wasn't getting up before the roosters to fire the WSM up!:)

Leaving work today and going to the local butcher to pick up 6lbs of chicken wings to smoke tonight for tomorrow's department picnic competition! I'll post pics in the photo gallery when they are done!

Small venison roast that's been neglected in my freezer since the end of the season. Marinating it in Myron Mixon's venison marinade overnight and then doing a bourbon and brown sugar based injection before hickory smoking to 145 internal in the hopes it won't dry out too badly.

Small venison roast that's been neglected in my freezer since the end of the season. Marinating it in Myron Mixon's venison marinade overnight and then doing a bourbon and brown sugar based injection before hickory smoking to 145 internal in the hopes it won't dry out too badly.

I want to see pics when it's done. Besides a possible freezer overkill I want to try to smoke venison!

I want to see pics when it's done. Besides a possible freezer overkill I want to try to smoke venison!
I hear ya. That long in the freezer I don't expect it would win any awards, but I need to use it as well as get more practice on the WSM before hunting season starts. If it's not a complete train wreck I'll post some pics!

My cook from last night
xwZP3.jpg

I'm doin my Tailgate Throwdown cook this weekend. Did some bacon wrapped hotdogs tonight in honor of Jason's Chicago American Grilled apearance on TV.

Last edited:
I might try a tailgate throwdown as well. I'll be making jalapeno cornbread and possible buffalo mac and cheese. The actual smoked or grilled item will depends on what's on sale after work!

Cooking a brisket for the Cowboys game. I'm hoping I can do as good as my last one and start getting some consistency.

Doing my first pulled pork on the mini.

Pork collar butt, two and a half hours in and sitting well at 223F external and 136F internal. Love my maverick ET-733.

Back