What is everyone cooking this weekend?

Should be smoking 8 lbs. of beef short ribs on Sunday. Checked out an Asian supermarket which was recommended for good prices on fresh meat. Short ribs were 2$/lbs., but I think they have less meat than usual (first time I’m doing beef ribs, actually). Also got a picnic that I’ll marinade and smoke soon.

Just one rack of baby backs about 3.5 lbs (yesterday) -

i-CKqzV4f-M.jpg

I used the "basic baby back ribs" (new to smoking & my WSM) recipe from The Virtual Bullet cooking section and at just over four hours they turned out great.

Last edited:
I smoked 30 lbs of pork butts yesterday. Had about 20 people over. Needless to say I froze 1 of the 10 lb pork butts lol. It was really good. Laura and I made homemade coleslaw, potato salad, cowboy beans, death but chocolate trifle. Most everyone went back for seconds. Everyone was raving over the food, especially the pulled pork. I was definitely happy with the outcome. Everyone showed up around 1-2 and we ate around 2:45. We were still entertaining people at 9:30. Definitely a fun time.

Well, I was trying to do two slabs of babybacks, but it looks like I'm calling Pizza Hut instead. I can't get my Weber over 210 degrees. I screwed up the Minion ring.

Here are the photo results from my cook. I forgot to take a picture of the pork butt! I started the PB and the brisket at noon on Thursday and started the ribs at 3:30. The brisket came off at 6:30 when I foiled the ribs for an hour and then the ribs and PB came off at 9. Temp stayed at a consistent 260 at the grate and did drop to 225 around 6 but I just stirred the coals and was good to go after that.

2BGWY.jpg

Also can't get the rib pic to upload, anyone have good site for uploading to a URL format for the forum?

The menu just went up. I'll be smoking roughly 70 wing drumettes for a bridal shower Saturday and a graduation on Sunday. Do you guys find it easier to spread the wings out to rub them or just toss them in a gallon bag?

I'm doing my first attempt at high heat brisket on the 22.5" today. Got it on just after noon and am going to check the temp in the flat around 14:30. Hope it works out....the temp is not getting near as high as I expected. Guess that's better than too high. I may just have to wait a little longer for my masterpiece. I've got baked beans to go on after I separate the point from the flat and start getting the burnt end process going.

Everyone have a good weekend and happy Q'ing on the Weber's folks!!!

I'll be smoking all day Saturday. I'm just not sure what yet. Since I have a lot of time and I have a PB and 2 racks of ribs at home I could just do that or see what the prices are like at the local stores and get more/different things.

It won't be this weekend but I am in the process of cooking 12 butts for work. 6 were done yesterday and 6 more today. I also have a Corned Beef Brisket I will be doing tomorrow. First time I have tried smoking one of them.

It won't be this weekend but I am in the process of cooking 12 butts for work. 6 were done yesterday and 6 more today. I also have a Corned Beef Brisket I will be doing tomorrow. First time I have tried smoking one of them.

That sounds like great stuff! I have heard corned beef brisket is a great meat to smoke but I haven't tried it yet.

Anyone know if I want to smoke a pork butt on Saturday and it's in the freezer, will taking it out Thursday morning-ish be enough time for it to fully defrost for a Saturday morning 8am cook?

Saturday will be my second cook on my 18 WSM. I am going to run a slab of spare ribs through the cooker at 250 degrees. I will make sure to take some pictures. Any advice or suggestions are welcome!

Back