What does your Charcoal Weekend haul, I mean.. Memorial Day Weekend look like?

MichaelD

TVWBB Fan
I managed to make two online purchases from Lowes using a $10 off $50 code each time on 5 bags bringing my Kingsford total to 10 20lb twin packs! I also went by Food Town and snagged 3 regular Royal Oak bags and 3 mesquite Royal Oak bags because I haven't tried Royal Oak briquettes in a long time.

Show us what you got your hands on!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Don't get too caught up in the grilling and forget what it's really all about....

No charcoal haul for me on this round. I still have several twin packs from last fall's sale.
In fact, I'll be busy working on my current concrete back yard patio project, including this little bbq area... :)

P1070483_zpsdf1b3b34.jpg

I got 80 lbs at Home Depot for < $20 which should last me to July 4th (not really worth taking a picture of) but this weekend should produce some picture worthy snaps

Just threw some burgers on for din-din. Tomorrow, I'll be at my parents' place, where my dad will be cooking the huli-huli chicken he perfected 35 years ago, when we lived in Hawaii. Sunday is date night. Monday, I'll be grilling something, and having the neighbors for some wine tasting and good eats. In between all that, I'll be doing some landscaping, planting the veggies, and, of course, buying a bag or two of charcoal. :)

I jumped, prematurely, at Wal Mart's deal. I bought 12 2 packs of 15 pounders at $8.98 a 2 pack. Worked out just under 30 cents a pound. Lowe's and Home Depot are running 25 cents a pound. Also have three 20 lb. two packs from an old sale and two bags of RO Lump and one bag of Cowboy lump. I'm set and happy.

No charcoal haul for me on this round. I still have several twin packs from last fall's sale.
In fact, I'll be busy working on my current concrete back yard patio project, including this little bbq area... :)

P1070483_zpsdf1b3b34.jpg

Good to hear from you George, lookin good.

Picked up 5 of the double packs at home depot today myself. Might go back and get 5 more this weekend though....

My wife had her own plans for filling the back of the car while we were out shopping today, but I was able to sneak in 4 2x20's at Home Depot. I am hoping that I can getaway long enough to snag a few more tomorrow.

I hit Lowes' sale on Thursday and the cashier let me get 4 twin packs even though the limit was two. Then I saw that Home Depot had their sale starting with a limit of 10. So right now I have 560 lb in the garage and will probably hit Home Depot one more time. I had two bags left from last year's sale so the timing worked out great.

I picked up two twin packs yesterday from Blowes and SWMBO brought a twin pack of K Comp back from Costco. Ain't she cool!

I'll get two more twin packs from Blowes later this AM when I run get a rope (I went a little short yesterday) to string up this tire swing for the G Kids.

Only picked up three twins as I have eight twins already from the last sale. Been so darn windy and dry here afraid to use the performer or the mini too much.

Even though I really like Mr. Stubbs, the cheapskate in me still picked up a quadruplet yesterday. Missed the sale last year, so I can't compare stock levels to last year. But there were 2 empty pallets on the floor - my twins were pulled form an almost empty 3rd.

Even though I really like Mr. Stubbs, the cheapskate in me still picked up a quadruplet yesterday. Missed the sale last year, so I can't compare stock levels to last year. But there were 2 empty pallets on the floor - my twins were pulled form an almost empty 3rd.

I keep thinking I'll try out Stubbs... But then I find myself with 400lbs of Kingsford.

P1070483_zpsdf1b3b34.jpg
George, please keep us posted on your progress with this project.... looks to be quite Fantastic!
Looking forward to seeing more of this..

Back