What do you think about Chick Fil A?

Brian Thomas

TVWBB Pro
I haven't tried it yet as every time I've driven by the one in the Rogue Valley, the lines at the drive-through have been really long.

Gag me awful. I refuse to patronize them. The chicken is greasy and flabby no crispy at all. The fries are same. Give me KFC or Popeye's ANY day of the week

I don’t like it but my Wife, kids, and grandkids do. When my wife gets takeout I sometimes get the soup or a large slaw.

Very little chick, lots of fil-ler, especially if you get a wrap. Always a line at the one near me. I much prefer Popeye’s or Raising Cain’s if I have a hankering for fast food chicken.

Last edited:
Chick-Fil-A is pretty good around here in Oklahoma. The spicy chicken sandwiches are the best, imo. Nuggets are good too. And, while a lot of people love their waffle fries, I usually opt for their in-house made chicken noodle soup. It's very good.

What Chick-Fil-A does better than anyone is run their business. They operate with medical precision. Their drive-thru is an absolute wonder to behold. And, I'm not even exaggerating. Even if the line for the drive-thru is around the block, you will be out of it with your food in 5 minutes. The Chick-Fil-A drive-thru people should be running our government. I've found that their food and service are ridiculously consistent. They are absolutely the best overall fast food experience I think you will find. I love Popeye's when I find one that is actually run well and has employees that give a damn. Raising Cane's is usually pretty good and consistent, but ONLY have strips and fries so if I actually want some variety I usually opt for someplace else.

As for chicken itself, my go-to here in Oklahoma is Slim Chickens. They have strips and really good wings and a nice selection of sides and sauces for the wings. But, if you have a bunch of kids or are taking the whole fam out and need good food and don't want to worry about bad service or waiting too long, Chick-Fil-A will get it done.

At least around here, they are cleanest and friendliest fast food place in town. Also very supportive of local schools.

Yes, here also. Don't be afraid of the lines, they have the best drive thru operation in the business. They also train their employees very well. I love it when I am interviewing someone and it shows that they have worked at Chick-Fil-A. Oh, and my daughter absolutely loves their food.

It's all about the Chick-fil-A sauce. It's addictive and packed with calories.

Beyond that, food is usually hot. Service is usually fast regardless of how long the lines are. Orders are usually taken and delivered accurately. Inside is clean. Staff is friendly. Spicy chicken sandwich has a nice amount of heat that's not overwhelming. Nice mobile app that accumulates points toward free food...I end up with a free chicken sandwich about every fourth visit.

Popeye's food is good, but service is usually slow and unfriendly, and not very clean inside. Nothing special about their sauces.

I've had Raising Cane's twice. The food is good, service is friendly but a bit slow, both locations were clean, but Cane's sauce is nothing nothing NOTHING compared to Chick-fil-A sauce.

LOVE IT!
If i were younger, i'd consider buying a franchise.

I believe it is one of the BEST food joints around IF NOT THE BEST!
Food is fantastic!
Service is OUTSTANDING!!
and for Our Lord's sake (and in the long run, our sake as well), they remain closed on Sunday.

Fabulous!!

LOVE IT!
If i were younger, i'd consider buying a franchise.

I believe it is one of the BEST food joints around IF NOT THE BEST!
Food is fantastic!
Service is OUTSTANDING!!
and for Our Lord's sake (and in the long run, our sake as well), they remain closed on Sunday.

Fabulous!!
Jim, many would like to buy a franchise but that is not how they do it at CFA. You must work at CFA to be considered to become a "Operator." They are basically partners with corporate CFA.

There's one around here, but the last time I tried their offerings, the food seemed somewhat greasy to me.

I find there are two takes around here on Chik-fil-A: Either, "What's the big deal? It's a fried chicken breast and a pickle slice on a buttered bun." Or, "I love it!" In a town where the po-boy sandwich and Popeye's fried chicken were born, I hear a lot more of the former. But the lines are still 12 cars out into the street at both suburban freestanding C-f-A locations.

As to lack of crispiness, I don't think that's their goal. My understanding is that it's pressure fried, like original KFC. That, boneless on a bun, was what I always thought they were aiming for.

I've had Raising Cane's twice. The food is good, service is friendly but a bit slow, both locations were clean, but Cane's sauce is nothing nothing NOTHING compared to Chick-fil-A sauce.
Cane's, also born around here, is consistently good. When you walk in the door, most times you will hear counter help yell to the kitchen, "Two walking" meaning that many customers just came in, their signal to drop a couple orders in the fryer so they come out fresh, hot and fast. (Or maybe they just want you to think that, but it's always burn your mouth hot.)

Last edited:
We only do fast food places when we have to, like traveling. If there is a Chick-fil-A where we are, that's where we would stop. It's better then the options.

I like Chik-Fil_A!
I like that I can get a cup of soup during the winter with my sandwich or nuggets.
NOT a big fan of the waffle fries though.
They're NEVER hot, unlike everything else on the menu.

You Know, while I’m very proud of their sabbath observation I almost Always seem to want one on Sunday! By Monday the urge has passed! Just weird.

Back