What do you do with ash?

GGross

TVWBB Pro
I collect it in metal can, after a while I put in trash bag and let it sit outside for at least 2 weeks then put in trash. I just can't image what some ambers could do to a trash truck

I clean mine out the next day or so and then put it in the trash can. I would be surprised if it could do anything to a rash truck given the volume of liquids in the truck.

I put them in a galvanized steel ash can and sprinkle in the lawn later when I am sure they are cooled off.

I clean mine out the next day or so and then put it in the trash can. I would be surprised if it could do anything to a rash truck given the volume of liquids in the truck.

You'd be surprised the number or trash trucks I've been to or seen in my line of work. Not to say they were caused by grill ashes but they do happen. Been to a two story house that mostly burnt up when they put the "cold" ashes in a paper bag and put them on the back porch close to the house

I dump mine in a small galvanized bucket until its full after many cooks then dump it in a compose pile.
I remember reading on here somewhere that ashes will kill plants and grass but I guess if you guys are dumping them on your gardens that that isn't true

I make it habit to dump the ash before the NEXT cook after the grill has been cold for a day or two. I just dump it in a trash bag in a small Rubbermaid outdoor garbage can on the deck. When the bag starts to get heavy, I put it in the trash.

I have a large galvanized can I use for the ashes from my pellet stove. I throw the charcoal ash in there. Mix it around and once a year spread it around our golden mops in the back yard.

For those of you that put it in the garden, is there a limit? As much ash as I have, I'd be concerned about overdoing it. But, I hate to throw away good fertilizer.

I use to dump in a compose pile but had a little mishap when I obviously must have had some embers in the ash pile after at least 2 days from the last use of the kettle. And it's amazing how the ash pile builds up. So just wondering what others did and sounds like garden/lawn disposal would be the poll winner

I'd never even thought about doing anything with it besides putting it in the garbage can. Are ashes really good for a garden? I don't use much charcoal, but if it will help thing grow I'll be sure not to waste it.

Over the back fence into the vacant, wooded lot behind us (after making sure they're out, cold). Eventually someone will build a house back there and I'll have to find another place, but until then...

I'd never even thought about doing anything with it besides putting it in the garbage can. Are ashes really good for a garden? I don't use much charcoal, but if it will help thing grow I'll be sure not to waste it.
Ash from lump is good for gardens, but I've heard that ash from briquettes isn't

Back