What do you do for a living? *****

Sorry Josh! Ron was right. I work for RRD.

Thanks, Chuck! Any way you could move a little more? We love RRD.

Ron

Good guess Ron! I guess my clue gave away my company. Thank you for the compliment! We are moving as much as we can as this is our busy season. Which post office do you work?

Originally posted by Chuck Simon:
Which post office do you work?

I work at our headquarters in DC. Previously in NH, ME, and KY. Heard yesterday our CEO is retiring in Dec. My phone hasn't rung yet, so my smoking is unlikely to be affected by a change in MY job!

R

Originally posted by Matt B.:
My degree is in English. You just can't get a decent job with a liberal arts degree unless you go into law, and I just am not that driven.

My degree in Computer Science is a B.A. because at the time the major was part of the College of Liberal Arts where I went to school, although the very next year it was renamed the College of Arts and Sciences.

25+ years as a programmer/analyst working with DEC Vax computers and their successors from Compaq and HP...

Brad

Originally posted by Chuck Simon:
Sorry Josh! Ron was right. I work for RRD.

Thanks, Chuck! Any way you could move a little more? We love RRD.

Ron

I worked for RRD in Crawfordsville, Indiana for a couple of years, and my folks live just a few miles away from their Mattoon plant. RRD was good to me, but something else that I just couldn't pass up came along.

This thread is almost like one night when i went to the pub with my friends in Karlshamn. The same day a big "battle cruiser" just docked in the harbour.

That night the pub was filled with "marines" and i was mingeling around alot asking what they did and what their role was onboard.

Belive it or not 84% was controling the big cannons or the machine guns. No one answerd "im a cleaner" Im a cook" "i sit at the radio station"

The rest 15% was captains,admirals or undercover "cia" agents.

I guess im part of the 1% that is "just" a carpenter
icon_wink.gif

This post is for fun and not to tell you all that you spice you work title up a notch
icon_wink.gif

Have a nice weekend ppl and take care!

*maby have had a few beers to mutch already so the spelling/gramma might be even worse than normal*

i am a service and parts manager for a marine dealership... we sell sea ray, carver, marquis, and now harris pontoons and bayliner... been employeed by them for 20 years.... 18 full time and two part time while i was in high school......

Like I tell my customers,I'm just a truck driver. I bring the new batteries,take their old ones for recycling and keep their stock fresh. If they have a question, I have so many answers I can give before I have to make a phone call. I'm just a truck driver!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by stuart cassingham:
i am a service and parts manager for a marine dealership... we sell sea ray, carver, marquis, and now harris pontoons and bayliner... been employeed by them for 20 years.... 18 full time and two part time while i was in high school......

So, in your opinion, who's got the best boat. I heard over the years Sea ray was one of the better ones. Still true?

Originally posted by Wayne_R:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stuart cassingham:

So, in your opinion, who's got the best boat. I heard over the years Sea ray was one of the better ones. Still true? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wayne, my opinion is yes that sea ray does build one of the better boats onthe market today, but the one thing that most people dont consider when buying a boat is that the boat manufacturer only builds the fiberglass.... every other part that is installed on the boat is a vendor item.... mercruiser builds the engine/drive package, cummins builds engines, mobella makes door lock, taylor made makes the windshield, etc etc..... ther are several boat builders out there today that are comparable and there are some that are very cheap... i really dont want to name names on here..... what you are really paying for is the dealer support and customer service after the sale.....
if you have more specific questions please feel free to ask, and agian i will give you my OPINION!!!!!!

Worked for Key Energy Services for 20yrs, the last 8 yrs as operations manager, laid off Sept 2009, started playing poker for a living online on Pokerstars, did that till April 15th 2011 the DOJ shut the sites to American players what a bummer had to go get a job lol, now i work as an Oilfield Pumper great job, go to work at 7:00am get out at 3:00pm.

Worked over 40 yeas as a natural gas technician, finished as district supervisor, until 2001 when when my company went through an acquisition and was forced to retire. Tried it for a while and got bored( burnt my self out on fishing, never thought that would be possible but it happened.) took a a part time job as a runner and file clerk for an automobile group. No pressure and enjoy the work. I guess one day I will retire again but just not ready yet.

Neat thread. We have about every line of work covered except for the insurance industry: I'm an Underwriter for a major dental insurance carrier that most of you have probably never heard of. Basically, I crunch numbers in a cubicle all day.

It is a fascinating thread. Me, I'm a Professor of Philosophy at York University, Canada third largest university. I've also published a couple of novels, written the screenplay for one of them, and have a few other pop and scholarly books. Oh, and I've smoked a lot of pork.

Forgot to add that I'm also very well known as a cross-dresser.

Back