What do you do for a living? *****

I haven't posted for awhile this is as good a place to start again. i run blown film extruders and flexo printers, Along with silkscreening and pad printing. we mostly make and print caution tape and other safety tapes.

Leif

Human Resources at a large pharmacy company. I dream about retiring but I probably still have 30 years of work. Was a pretty good machine gunner in the Army in my younger years.

I work as a machinist in the aviation industry. Been doing it for 12 years now working from 7-3:30. Home early enough to pick up something at the grocery store and grill it.

I'm a geek. Network engineer and systems administrator for a manufacturing facility. In charge of production servers and HMI (human machine interface) computers. Basically on call 24/7 which can get kinda old. Anytime something goes wrong that can remotely be attributed to a computer problem I get a call. Fortunately alot of the problems can be fixed remotely so all in all its not too bad. Been at the same job for over 24 years. Another 6 months I'll be up for another week of vacation that will give me a total of 6 weeks which will mean more time for q'ing.
icon_smile.gif

I'm kinda in between jobs at the moment.....i moved back to my home town but I think I've been away too long..no-one wants a middle aged truck driving man.
before that I was driving Semi trailers in Sydney delivering containers to the shipping wharves etc.very long hours but money isn't too bad..might have to go back there.
icon_frown.gif

Davo

I WAS a Phys. Educ. teacher and Coach for 35 years. Now I "smoke" with the Weber, play golf, Bass fish and work a few hours each week at a friends liquor store. Retirement is great....

I work in the IT department of an oil and gas firm in Calgary. LAN/WAN support for the business and Field support.

No cubicle, I have an office but like getting out of the city on jobs !!

Wood Butcher/Carpenter Foreman/Master Carpenter for over the last 35yrs.
I love the smell of fresh cut lumber in the morning..Smells like victory!
icon_smile.gif

Tim

I work for a small family owned transportation company. I manage the international department for ocean freight and air freight. Used to love every day, but now customers only care about one thing, price. Now, they still want the high level of service we have always provided, just as cheap as Fedex/UPS/DHL. Working my way to my own BBQ restaurant.

I manage an in-plant print operation for the state of Texas. Too many years to start thinking about retirement...

Paul

Retired in 1989 after 30 years service as a naval aviator. Put the wife to work and I have been enjoying life for the last 20+ years. Got caught up in the volunteer world for a number of years, but I have backed out that. Now it just me and my current wife of 48 years, enjoying the grandchildren and traveling.

I'm a field technician for a communications company. I get to work outside almost all the time and I'm home in good time.

I have four separate, disparate ventures: a single truck-and-trailer long haul trucking company, a small working ranch in Florida, a film/video production company based in Oklahoma, and a nationwide private chef concern. I am on the road for one thing or the other - sometimes for a couple things combined - almost 90% of the year.

I can't imagine even wanting to retire, let alone doing so.

Originally posted by Ethan G:
Human Resources at a large pharmacy company. I dream about retiring but I probably still have 30 years of work. Was a pretty good machine gunner in the Army in my younger years.
Ethan - I spoke with a young woman (my daughter's age) on the PHX-MKE Friday night flight working in HR for a large pharmacy company. Probably a colleague of yours.

I've been an engineer/project manager in the nuclear power business for close to 30 years. I now work for a small engineering firm that is transferring me to their new Phoenix area office. I'm having too much fun to think of retiring. There's always something new to learn and new problems to attack.

Jim

Originally posted by JRPfeff:
Ethan - I spoke with a young woman (my daughter's age) on the PHX-MKE Friday night flight working in HR for a large pharmacy company. Probably a colleague of yours.

None of my peers that I know of were travelling last week, but she could have been working for a competitor. All of the large pharmacies are well represented in the Phoenix area. I work for the one with a big red W....

Back