What do you do for a living? *****

IT Consultant - I manage computer networks for small companies. I haven't looked - have there been any threads on hobbies (other than bbq of course)?

Currently - I handle Technical Support for a manufacturer of Communications & Signaling Systems that are primarily used in Health Care / Elderly Housing.

I've done all things in Low-Voltage Building Systems (Fire Alarm, Security, Access Control, Sound, & Communications) since about 1986. Usually, in an Applications / Field Engineering capacity.

I did go to the "Dark Side" (Mechanical) at one time - I attempted to learn how to design Sprinkler Systems.

(So, when it sounds like I am "Geeking-Out" - it's because I AM
icon_biggrin.gif
)

Originally posted by Ron... L.:
Government finance exec here. Have to ditch these green eye shades...they make the pulled pork look not-so-good.

Ron

We could be dangerous together - I'm in government contracting.
icon_biggrin.gif

Electronic Technician at a state prison... been locked up for close to 21 years... due to get out (retire) in 10 months... freedom at last.

Oh you mean the "day job". Cardiology tech specializing in echocardiography and I run a pacemaker/implantable defibrilator fu clinic. Been doing it for nye on 30 yrs. Wish I had started at 18yrs old I would be done by now. Mon-Fri 8-5. Lots of time to play with the fire.

Mark

Ron[/QUOTE]

We could be dangerous together - I'm in government contracting.
icon_biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]

Hey, you got a new wine glass!

Good on ya, lad!

Originally posted by Corey Elks:
prosthetic technician. So if any you guys burn your arm off on the weber ill make you a new one.

Medical Lab Technologist. I'll type and crossmatch your blood for the transfusion!

I work in one of the most hated industries (at least over the passed 3 years)...Banking...I'm at the bottom of the barrel though. I'm not some over paid executive that got us in this mess. If I was, I would have gotten my 100+ million package and my signature would be different!

I work in Public Affairs for the Navy. I edit a lot of stories, write some (a lot, lately), take some photos, do some graphic/page design, and act as a general jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none for the office.

Currently teaching 6th grade Language Arts and Math.
I'd like to open a food truck some day, though.

Retired department store management. When the chain started to go under about a year and a half ago, I gave up the fight, hung up the suit and tie, threw away my wristwatch, and started hunting, fishing and cooking.
Lots more fun.

Originally posted by Bob Correll:
I'm a retired land surveyor.
Many years of freezin' my arse off in the winter, and sweating it off in the summer.

But oh those nice days in the spring and fall!
When it was sweet being in the great outdoors, and watching folks go by in their cars, headed for their cubicles, and looking at us with envy in their eyes!

Tell me about it Bob. I am a cubicle man. It makes me want to cry sometimes. Hit my head against the window at other times (it left a bruise when I tried it). As a person who hates walls and anything that keeps me from feeling air and sun on me (one reason I've avoided prison with a passion), makes me oh so sad.

Originally posted by John Solak:
I'm a Power Plant Operator. Usually work 12 hour shifts on a rotating schedule. Sometimes hard to get used to but I get a lot of time off so its worth it.

I am a local utility company supply management/procurement man. I've been to a couple of the plants around here...Palomar in Escondido (natural gas) and San Onofre Nuclear. Interesting places. Also toured a coal plant in Minnesota.

And an interesting thread!

Retired Army w/20 years. Loved every minute. Was outdoors alot. Spent time in Germany as a young man. I've been to Austria, Switzerland, Lichenstein,England,Belgium, Luxembourgh, France. Been to places like Dachau, The Octoberfest, The Louve, Notre Dam.

Now I'm a Field Service Representative for BAE Systems, providing techincal assistance for Bradley Fighting Vehicles.

Dennis

Pharmacy Student at the University of Oklahoma in Tulsa.

You guys are all talking about retirement. At the price of tuition and student loan rates I won't be retiring for a long time.

Don't worry the wife works just enough to support this BBQ habit.

Back