What are you smoking for the Superbowl 2014?

Jeff Padell

TVWBB Pro
I am curious what people are planning to smoke and on what WSM?

I am planning to use my 14.5 WSM, doing 2 racks of ribs on a Brinkman rack on the top grate and then some baked beans and a kielbasa on the bottom grate. We are supposed to be warm on Sunday, into the 40's

:wsm:

GO HAWKS!!! GO LEGION OF BOOM!! GO BEAST MODE!!

On Saturday, I'm smoking a 7 lb. Boston Butt. On Sunday morning, I'm making some ABT's (using my most recent batch of bacon I smoked last week)

Game-time menu:

* Pulled Pork sliders with slaw, pickles, BBQ sauce on pretzel buns
* ABT's stuffed with sundried tomato cream cheese
* Veggie platter with ranch dip and hummus
* Tortilla chips with chipotle cream cheese dip
* Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter torte
* Blue and Green Skittle Vodka shots
* Various local brews (from stout to pale)

Sounds like a lot of people will be smoking weed, according to the media. I've never tried it though. Barley n hops kind of guy.

I'm going to do wings on the WSM 22.5 along with ABT's and some long hots stuffed with sausage and cheese.
Party on Dudes!

Sounds like a lot of people will be smoking weed, according to the media. I've never tried it though. Barley n hops kind of guy.

The media is making way too much of the "weed" thing. Retail stores haven't even opened up in Washington, and aren't expected to until at least June. Of course, if they were open, I'd probably light up a thick one before the game. It would keep my blood pressure down every time Manning dropped back to pass.

GO HAWKS!!

As long as the weather cooperates I'm planning my first attempt at PSB. I'm stoked to say the least! Unfortunately, I'm more excited about the food than the game as my beloved Bears couldn't be bothered to get into the playoffs... I have to root for Manning even though his last superbowl ring came at the expense of the Bears.

I think I'll go with the grill on Sunday. A few folks have posted some kofta or kebabs recently and I'm leaning toward those. Very tasty and they don't take too long to make; besides I haven't cooked them in a long time!

Never heard of this. Googled it and it looks delicious. Do you make sandwiches with it or serve on rice, or some other method?

Never heard of this. Googled it and it looks delicious. Do you make sandwiches with it or serve on rice, or some other method?

Hi Cliff; they are extremely tasty! I do like with a little rice, flat bread along with some roasted peppers and tomatoes. A bit of tzatziki sauce.... As for the kofta, there are as many different versions as there are cities in Turkey! I like them a bit on the spicy side and use ground lamb and beef. I've seen them shaped as a kebob or as patties. Either way is good by me!

Those wings sound great too.

Pre-game I'll be fueling up on pulled pork in order to have the strength to smoke some baby back ribs on my 26.5" kettle. Then as kick-off nears I'll wrap the ribs in foil and set them aside and then throw either a sirloin tip roast, ribeye roast, or tenderloin on the kettle, to be sliced up thin for sandwiches. I'll be studying my smoke and grill cook books tonight to decide which piece of beef I want to go with! Yummmm! As everyone already knows I'm sure, the Super Bowl is really all about the food, refreshments, and commercials!

Back