What are you cookin' for the 4th?

Tri-Tip in Florida?

Winn Dixie? Publix? Sam's Club?

Publix!!! I had been to all the stores in town that carry meats. Nobody had it. Even went to the Publix right next to me where I always shop. No luck. Checked at The Fresh Market and the meat guy said to try the Publix across the street. It
Is a bigger than usual Publix with a cooking school area in it. Went over there and it was there. As I was looking at the other meats, the butcher asked if I needed help. We chatted and he told me that they always carry it. He said it's not
Usually out front, but they keep a case of it on hand.

Got my rub made and my mop sauce ready. It's the 4th of July and BB Ribs are on the menu. Happy 4th of July everyone!

Got my rub made and my mop sauce ready. It's the 4th of July and BB Ribs are on the menu. Happy 4th of July everyone!
I've got my 14.5" WSM set up and ready to rock a slab of BBs.
Gonna roll 'em to fit, I might try cutting lightly between each rib on the bone side and put them on a flat side, not like this:

CV2-JAdyilG40RUSmf4TGfedhQd_XrYGHXzkgPSx00RfJlBhWaBWasj8mU2vdf8RaOh3fs_AvIFcDf9HKxVx8cjk-6TKL5AHetsd-_um4XQi-ByZFuxltc1QnzmEISm3dOyX6dGXqI_wlfErE6oJ08pqnXescvpYuge0kZKPf9gTG0G9IqW-Vc4WEm8X8VsslDMeu-xQHnnUUD1zzH264YPHYtwaGYlCA-ODbTsdIjOACcOjNY5CezkmWVWEE4EKzyGPkGpEJXRJ6JbQ_k0aYf-c0jgfTJNa92hbd6JZ_W59dLP1mB0pLu-26ZasOvnHKk7aLGPN8b8zJYZrODU1BpVeUMlaoFURGnPfr2jA3GzZnxQ89uqfTI3V7Vvmr8rqo5ozHJHt43weeKZOqJRZDTgp_8DfZulS10y_xXiiKkHEMVL7Gun1lf1t7iKbMJdnmf4n_p_HlBiFAdALkXsTt8iOHLPvFGzWstiAC75wdpbN7WfIjF9JKitz_3fX3d9_GrpEg5JFdC1-ww0eq64LBpLf1l3o0ktp8bk4H4wEbfkcpNB_al_m-u6cfXhrCRbzZvzVtCdHlHj8C0zxHcyeLLyyG0OeetZUrYMqLkhKrZs-XlDbSHdW-A=w1344-h896-no

I have to try rolling them like that. I really wanted to use my 22" WSM, but it's such overkill for two slabs, it would be silly. I think I could fit 2 rolled ribs on my SJ-Mini? That just might be today's calling

Fitting a 15" long slab of BBs on a 14.5" WSM.
I cut lightly between each rib, on the bone side, and pinned the ends up with plans to keep the ends from getting overdone.
A little bacon for snacking on later also added.
Now my pic test using Flickr and my cell phone.
Google Photos does not play well with my phone pics.

34909789113_ae186a4b3e_z.jpg
[/URL] Flickr[/IMG]

Got the BB's going, wife has the potato salad and baked beans done. Plus she made me a huge bowl of banana pudding , love it. Will probably have some for breakfast in the morning...........

Fitting a 15" long slab of BBs on a 14.5" WSM.
I cut lightly between each rib, on the bone side, and pinned the ends up with plans to keep the ends from getting overdone.
A little bacon for snacking on later also added.
Now my pic test using Flickr and my cell phone.
Google Photos does not play well with my phone pics.

34909789113_ae186a4b3e_z.jpg
[/URL] Flickr[/IMG]

Your test pic shows up for me and love the skewer idea:cool:

Tim

Bob...You crafty WSM veteran. Thats a great idea using skewers.

rHSOzvq.jpg

I cooked some kabobs.

wBaTBjq.jpg

GcmYe1a.jpg

And last night I tried out the ikea pot and pan holder....AKA the $5.99 SS expandable rib rack.

Y1VjcqE.jpg

PH0pjhx.jpg

Burgers, dogs, and potato salad for tonight.

Bike rides down the board walk for the last three days.

Balboa Saloon...need a day of rest;)

ySOkgLt.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking grub Jeff!
First peek, mopped with a mix of Wicker's and AJ.
Bacon off, Texas sausage on.
Currently eating some smoked, smoked bacon.

35722234525_fcf8f90ce7_z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Great looking grub Jeff!
First peek, mopped with a mix of Wicker's and AJ.
Bacon off, Texas sausage on.
Currently eating some smoked, smoked bacon.

35722234525_fcf8f90ce7_z.jpg
[/URL]2017-07-04_03-57-43 on Flickr[/IMG]

Eatin bacon, smoking ribs and sausage, probably having a couple of cool ones. Life is good on our nations birthday. By the way those ribs look so much better than the spares I did Sunday, still fumin about that.

Happy 4th of July everyone!
Friday night smoked chicken legs
Saturday night beef spare ribs
Sunday the wife fixed her spaghetti
Monday pork rib tips
4th of July was up at my dads & fixed meatloaf out on his Traeger.
No fireworks here this year, it was canceled from the dry June that we have had.
Happy 4th!

Happy 4th of July everyone!
Friday night smoked chicken legs
Saturday night beef spare ribs
Sunday the wife fixed her spaghetti
Monday pork rib tips
4th of July was up at my dads & fixed meatloaf out on his Traeger.
No fireworks here this year, it was canceled from the dry June that we have had.
Happy 4th!

Happy 4th back at you.Nice cooks.^^, never make spaghetti in the summer, may have to change that.
Where you been Russ?,we need some more posts and pics from you.

Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie and Chevrolet, like the old bumper sticker used to read. Also added onion burgers and sloppy joe's.
Perfect weather and a perfect day. Best part, my house did not catch fire, there were LOTS of fireworks last night.

Back