and more

Attachments

• 20210408_210430.jpg
    20210408_210430.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210408_210345.jpg
    20210408_210345.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 53
Cant believe I just saw some damn carbon under my hood in those last pics!!! Impossible!!!!

Few more

Attachments

• 20210408_205945.jpg
    20210408_205945.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 20210408_210303.jpg
    20210408_210303.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 44
I have showed this grill to u guys several times during the resto........I cant thank all of u enough for the answers to so many questions. This was to be my trophy flipper. Basically everything I learned in season one thrown into one grill. I have learned many more tricks already in season two.
To answer your questions......this resto will not please everyone....but for the most part it is pretty tight. I skimped on the wood which I learned after I had already bought and cut it......yes I used poplar. I have decided not to stain the wood....first off I dont feel like it :) ....secondly I will mention in my ad that the buyer can stain to match their own backyard setting. Personally I think the poplar once stained and kept under cover should last several seasons.
Yes I am selling it. I have a Silver B Premium green topper on my deck and she is solid as a rock.
For the end caps I used Rustoleum High Heat from the quart can.....I rolled it on to bare metal.

Thanks Joe......The AF sticker was decoded on this site a few times...I dont remember the exact story....something like American Frozen Food Co??? And they gave the grills to employees as a bonus or something. The ironic part is my damn sticker is crooked!!!! Drove me nuts!!!! But the sticker is actually in the finish....so it is not affected....I mean its over 20yrs old and still there :)

Thanks Joe......The AF sticker was decoded on this site a few times...I dont remember the exact story....something like American Frozen Food Co??? And they gave the grills to employees as a bonus or something. The ironic part is my damn sticker is crooked!!!! Drove me nuts!!!! But the sticker is actually in the finish....so it is not affected....I mean its over 20yrs old and still there :)
I think the crooked thing was a trademark as every photo of one of these I have seen it's crooked

Yah, I like all the grills with logos regardless of what the logo is. It just adds a touch of uniqueness and coolness to them. I think you did a great restore job on that one. And who doesn't like a blue lid?

Thanks all......I also have a red lid..." old new stock " that has never been used. I could make the grill a red head in a heartbeat. I should prob advertise with both lids.

Yah, you could offer buyers a choice. Take photos with both. But, from personal experience, I have found that adding options to listings doesn't work all that well. Customers seem to do better with a "take it or leave it" approach. The more options involved just crates indecision.
The only way I offer options is to offer a spare LP Tank for $10. I have offered a few grills with an optional rotisserie and never had anyone upgrade. They just want the rotisserie free at the same price.

Yah, you could offer buyers a choice. Take photos with both. But, from personal experience, I have found that adding options to listings doesn't work all that well. Customers seem to do better with a "take it or leave it" approach. The more options involved just crates indecision.
The only way I offer options is to offer a spare LP Tank for $10. I have offered a few grills with an optional rotisserie and never had anyone upgrade. They just want the rotisserie free at the same price.
Yeah, I need to keep that firmly in mind when I can finally start producing this summer. I am the type that would think add-ons would be appealing, but it is probably true that most buyers of refurbished grills just want a simple solution. I know from experience they want freebies. Probably better to price accordingly and then offer them the "freebie" when they are looking at your grill to get them to bite.

Right. I offer my grills with an optional spare LP tank for $10 since I have several extras. If they ask for a deal, I offer to throw in the tank for free. Beyond that, it is pretty much "take it or leave it" situation.

I agree on the options.....I have an ad for a Spirit 210. I recently sold two of them very fast that werent half as good as the one I have now. For some reason on this ad I mentioned the buyer could chose between SS and cast iron grates.....this has done nothing but confuse potential buyers........and ironically this mint condition grill has not sold. Keep it simple is right.

Back