Well.....She is finally done!!!! And man is she purdy

I couldn't agree more "how much without the cover?" or "how much without the tank?" Like others here I will throw in the tank or cover if they pay full ask price, much simpler.

Thanks guys.....its nice to have that trophy piece done and get my patch from the forum :)
Soooooooooooooo that said....I decided to test fire the ole gal up tonight for the first time and of course she snapped to attention on the first click as an uncontrollable proud grin came across my face. Of course I removed all the new shiny bits so they would remain shiny. My happiness was brief when I realized my burners are a tad bit short....I would say 1/4". I started to wonder if I ordered the wrong dang burners for this grill and so I measured them and the long tubes are 29" . Then I remembered or had a lightbulb moment.....this old grill had the plastic spider screens on the burners maybe those stretched out the burner connection by 1/4" by having them installed. Sooooooo my questions are.......should I reinstall the OEM spider covers on these modern burners and would this make my tubes be 1/4" longer? I will include some pics. Funny as I reviewed my own pics I was wondering why I could see wood slats right through the cook box....huh....better go find that grease trey.

Attachments

• 20210409_184111.jpg
    20210409_184111.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210409_181531.jpg
    20210409_181531.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210409_181537.jpg
    20210409_181537.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 24
Here they are lit on low....I noticed the third burner has a semi difficult time staying lit all across the tube on low but when turning the knob just a touch burner 3 easily covered the tube w flame on the low + a hair.

Attachments

• 20210409_182108.jpg
    20210409_182108.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 15
All is good in the world......had to get out of my chair and go out in the garage to find the grease trey.....found it

As long as the burners are not falling off the mounts, I would not worry about it. There should be some play.

Ok Bruce while I have your attention :) .....I have been on the interweb all evening and spent a lil time researching these tubes. There are supposed to be 7506 pre 2002 model. I have no idea what I installed but I do know I installed aftermarket. My guess is the aftermarket that I ordered are post 2002 thus maybe losing that 1/4 inch. I over think stuff ya see....but this is the trophy grill so she has to be as good as I can get it........no Im not gunna remove the poplar wood :) .....But I think I will install OEM Weber tubes if I can find them at a fair price. Anyway......so here is my question.....If I push the tubes far left up against the guides screws it pulls the tubes away from the manifold...that cant be good right? .....so my thoughts are that I want the tubes to bottom out against the manifold vs just barely being inserted in the manifold correct? So error towards shorting the guide screw side is the way to go right? Glad we could have this talk ....yep ....I am delirious.....time to shut the computer off :(

To be honest, I have never paid attention to the year of a Silver B. I have done some of each and just use #7508 burners.
As long as the orifice is inside the tube, even just an 1/8", it is good. They should not come "off" the valve when pulled all the way to the left though.

I think #7506 are Genesis 1000 burners.

OK, wait, I completely got off track of what grill we were talking about. Your grill is a Genesis 1000-5000 (1995 model year) and you want 7506 burners for that. Those grills were only produced until 1999. You threw me off when talking about pre 2002.

Jim-I believe the outer burners should be 29", the center tube is 28 1/2", just a little bit longer then the home depot clearance tubes we all stocked up on for the silver B.

Hey thanks all for helping out. From what I can see I need the burners that are 29 1/4 as some sites list. I did my best to measure the aftermarket tubes that are installed and I got 29". Of course the guide screws in the cook box are not to removed but they are so loose that if a buyer of the grill moves the grill around it could error the tubes away from the manifold which I dont not want to happen. Now I can wedge something under the guide screws to hold the tubes in place but I dont wanna muddy the waters of a good resto.
I have never reinstalled the old school spider covers before because all of the modern tubes have them built in.....but do u guys know if by snapping on a spider vent cover on the tubes if it will basically remove some of the play in the tube?
That said I think I have a set of OEM Weber tubes in my shop that are correct for this ole gal....I will check today. 29 1/4" would do the trick..........

The spider guards will not take out the play, but they will hold them in place much better. And, no, putting them on over the others should not be a problem as long as they are kept relatively clean.

Thanks.........I have had the grill for sale on Facebook market place for a couple of days and although I havent found a buyer yet I sure appreciate the 3 people so far that have replied to my ad just to say how beautiful the old classic looks. I will try to work out the kinks today.....I hate having a buyer ready to go only to find out my grill isnt ready to go.....

Until you get the burner issue taken care of I would not sell it. The liability issues if something went awry would be quite bad

Not my best ad but it will work for now......I broke the KISS principle rule in offering multiple cooking grates.....I might edit that out.

Back