Well Look What Arrived Early

Good luck with the assembly. My pellet grill was a similar size. The toughest part was lining up the holes in the barrel with holes at the top of each leg, since I had to assemble the four legs and bottom shelf first, then lift the barrel on top of it. Other than that one step, not a bad assembly process. Can't wait to see what you cook first after pre-seasoning it.

Few more pics. I got the top off the box. Was also pleasantly surprised to see it came with what looks to be a pretty high quality cover. Wasn't sure it would include one. From what I can see it appears to be bult like a tank. Honestly the MM is as well. All double wall, nice finish. It's just gonna take 2 men and a boy to get this thing together LOL

20230515_140643.jpg20230515_140708.jpg20230515_140723.jpg

Nice! The auger is straight across and not inclined?
I guess so. It's just like the one in the Member's Mark, Traeger, Camp Chef, Char Griller and so on. I think they all use pretty much the same components. Pretty generic

My Memphis came mostly assembled, but it took me about four hours just to remove the protective film covering it. Fortunately, you don’t have that problem to deal with, too. I look forward to your cooks, pics and commentary as you break-in your new grill.

Last edited:
Well I measured it against the MM. The MM is only 25" wide, the Z is 39 inches. I did not compare depth but I can say the Z looks like it has about 25 to 30% more depth. It's about as wide as I can fit on the deck spot I have picked out LOL because 39" is just the grill body. The hopper is another 12" or so. What I really think I am going to like is it only has 2 racks. There is a lot of space between the bottom and the top rack, and the top is designed to slide back and forth to leave the bottom rack fully accessible when needed. IDK how the 39" grill body compares to the EX6. I do have to say given how awkward those big pellet containers are, I think I like a side mounted hopper better than rear mounted. But not making a judgement as I have no clue how easily it would be for me

28 lbs pellet hopper, nice, less time filling, more time cooking. My EX6 gobbled up a lot of pellets over the weekend. Good luck with your new smoker. I was considering a Z Grill before getting the Weber so I can't wait to hear about your experience with it.

Well I measured it against the MM. The MM is only 25" wide, the Z is 39 inches. I did not compare depth but I can say the Z looks like it has about 25 to 30% more depth. It's about as wide as I can fit on the deck spot I have picked out LOL because 39" is just the grill body. The hopper is another 12" or so. What I really think I am going to like is it only has 2 racks. There is a lot of space between the bottom and the top rack, and the top is designed to slide back and forth to leave the bottom rack fully accessible when needed. IDK how the 39" grill body compares to the EX6. I do have to say given how awkward those big pellet containers are, I think I like a side mounted hopper better than rear mounted. But not making a judgement as I have no clue how easily it would be for me
My EX6 body is about the same width as yours. I looked at your specs and the lower cooking grate is about an inch deeper than the EX6. I agree with you on the side mounted pellet hopper. I had that on my Camp Chef and RecTec and it was easier to fill and the pellet dump was more controllable than the Smokefire.

Well I guess I am going to see how good or bad customer service is. Started to assemble today and noted huge dent on underside of the grill, and lid seems to bind slightly. This is quite sad to me. I am sure it was damaged in shipment as the freight truck had it loaded standing on the end of the box

Well I cannot believe it. I tried calling Z Grills had to leave voice mail. But then realized it was not their fault but the fault of who the freight company is that Sam's hired. They shipped it standing on end with the heavy end "up". This put all the weight on the sheet metal. And causing the slight bind up on the hood and a good sized buckle in the bottom sheet metal

20230516_110504.jpg20230516_110521.jpg

Back