Weekend Tri-tip

Cooked this one up on my new Kettle. Had to cook it a little more than I wanted due to company but it was still delicious. 2nd time using charcoal, I'm loving it!

View attachment 29893View attachment 29894
Tri Tip is a family fav. I was leaning towards brisket for Fathers day weekend but now I'm leaning Tri-Tip. May have to do a couple of em' for Fathers day - SPG on the meat and Chimichurri on the side sounds about right.

Tri Tip is a family fav. I was leaning towards brisket for Fathers day weekend but now I'm leaning Tri-Tip. May have to do a couple of em' for Fathers day - SPG on the meat and Chimichurri on the side sounds about right.
I want to try a brisket (I've never smoked one before) but I bet the price is astronomical lol. I'll probably cook a tri-tip for Father's day as well since the cook time is only and hour or so. I think I'll try a pork butt or something as a stepping stone before I throw down with a brisket haha

I want to try a brisket (I've never smoked one before) but I bet the price is astronomical lol. I'll probably cook a tri-tip for Father's day as well since the cook time is only and hour or so. I think I'll try a pork butt or something as a stepping stone before I throw down with a brisket haha
Pork Butt is a good thing to practice on before having a go at brisket. The two chunks of meat cook in similar ways, but PB is far less expensive and a little less finicky in the final stages.

Pork Butt is a good thing to practice on before having a go at brisket. The two chunks of meat cook in similar ways, but PB is far less expensive and a little less finicky in the final stages.
Man I can't wait until I have a Saturday with nothing to do but smoke some meat lol

Back