Weekend Pork Shoulder

Geo_G

Smoked up about 9lb shoulder overnight last night .Happy with results
Used KBB, total cook time was 18 hrs to get internal temp of 190 degrees F.
Injected with some Carolina Treet & used Wild Willys #1 rub. Used Minion method & smoked with Apple wood.
Heres some photo's

DSC01050_zpsa567eff3.jpg

DSC01058_zpsf839050f.jpg

DSC01063_zps876b046e.jpg

Double wrapped with tin foil and towel,rested for 2 hours in cooler.

DSC01068_zpsd342e65d.jpg

Ready to pull
DSC01071_zps2799703e.jpg

DSC01078_zpsc45ec814.jpg

Pretty happy with results, Thanks everybody for posting and allowing us to learn

DSC01080_zps18a88e21.jpg

Last edited:
"Pretty happy with the results?" :confused: Your BBQ looks fantastic from here!

I HAD a blue drum like that for my 18" wsm, but it either got stolen or blew away. You might try draping a blanket over the top, though. It will really help in holding the heat in, and doesn't have to be heat resistant since it's just covering the top. The Missus let me have a small acrylic one I found in a closet that never got used. I think it will forever smell like bbq and is now in the shed.

ya~know... everyone posts photos of their butts on the smoker at different stages throughout the cook and they basically all look the same...
then comes the pulled pictures and again, they all look the same...
butt lemme tellya somethin'.... I NEVER EVER GET TIRED OF LOOKIN' AT PULLED PORK!

Looks GREAT Geo!!!

Thanks for all the great comments gang! It just keeps getting better each time.
The shoulder was not dried out, tasted amazing. I have to try some buns with coleslaw on them next.

Dave R, thanks for tip on draping a blanket over top of smoker, will try next time, as lots of cool winter days here in Alberta.
Robert M, brother in law gave me barrel,no charge. I'm sure if you kept an eye on craigslist or kijiji you would find one for reasonable price.
Brad O, Had some pork left over , vacuum packed and into the freezer. I have a rather large nephew, he just loves it when I fire up the smoker or grill.:wsm:
When he leans into that pork shoulder he can do some serious damage.;)

Back