Weber Summit E6 @ Lowes for $574 plus tax OOS

That is a positive development. I was not expecting that. Good luck and keep us posted.

Well I gave up, chatting with them tonight still the same crap its back ordered even though they just took my money done with Lowes online will never order anything from them again. It was a pricing mistake they do not want to admit it but that is my guess. I do believe that some got that Smokefire deal in certain stores that were getting rid of them mine as I said never stocked it after the first year.

Multiple forums have stated that Lowes will not be carrying the Smokefire in 2022 meaning in stock guessing you can order one since that is what on a lot of items you can do no different than HD on some items. So the Performer and my UDS is probably pretty happy about this. :)

The Silver C never had anything to worry about.

I cancelled my Lowes order for the Kamado at that low price, and I regret it. I wish I waited it out. The website show that if I order one at full price, they will ship it to me, which tells me they are still available for order.

Well Jason that is kind of the issue if I ordered one at full price it will be delivered to me on the 26th. Ship to store is not an option anymore at my store so how could they keep saying its on back order for my order?

Its okay am done with the whole thing was not meant to be. Now I got to see when they will refund my money.

Well Jason that is kind of the issue if I ordered one at full price it will be delivered to me on the 26th. Ship to store is not an option anymore at my store so how could they keep saying its on back order for my order?

Its okay am done with the whole thing was not meant to be. Now I got to see when they will refund my money.
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. I’m sure they’ll refund you.

I still want a Kamado, but I’m not sure if a I want the Weber or a ceramic like a Kamado Joe.

I think Lowe's owes a lot of us some kind of apology for a ridiculous bait and switch. I love Lowe's when I was in Florida, but this and the similar nonsense on the SmokeFire has really hurt my impression of them. It probably was some kind of error, but it was presented as an offer, and they got acceptances. That's a contract according to my business law class from years ago.

On the SmokeFire, I am not surprised to hear the surmising that Lowe's won't be carrying it next season. It seemed clear to me that they were clearing out everything that has to do with it - very sadly. Lowe's was the only major retailer giving the SmokeFire display space. I have to believe this is a very tough blow for the SmokeFIre's future. To sell in abundance, people need to be able to see it and be able to buy on impulse when they are in the store.

I don't see "black-out" window dressing changing this. That is why when Weber did that teaser picture, I wondered if Weber could already be ready with a whole new pellet grill model. That wasn't realistic and another rush job is the LAST thing Weber needs to do. I think they will have to lick their wounds for a couple years and try again with a convincingly better machine that they can get the big box stores and even Ace to actually put on the floor. It won't be easy.

All this is very sad, because while it seems the SmokeFire is still a little temperamental, I think the major issues have been resolved and in direct competition the SmokeFire beats out pellet grills costing way more when it comes to cooking results. If Weber does create a whole new pellet grill, I hope that some of the innovative ideas will survive in a more well worked out design.

Did anyone hear the rumor that Weber is expanding their line of Kamados to include smaller models?

Probably not, but I also heard that rumor started right in this post.

Well, that’s what I heard anyways…..

I think Lowe's owes a lot of us some kind of apology for a ridiculous bait and switch. I love Lowe's when I was in Florida, but this and the similar nonsense on the SmokeFire has really hurt my impression of them. It probably was some kind of error, but it was presented as an offer, and they got acceptances. That's a contract according to my business law class from years ago.

On the SmokeFire, I am not surprised to hear the surmising that Lowe's won't be carrying it next season. It seemed clear to me that they were clearing out everything that has to do with it - very sadly. Lowe's was the only major retailer giving the SmokeFire display space. I have to believe this is a very tough blow for the SmokeFIre's future. To sell in abundance, people need to be able to see it and be able to buy on impulse when they are in the store.

I don't see "black-out" window dressing changing this. That is why when Weber did that teaser picture, I wondered if Weber could already be ready with a whole new pellet grill model. That wasn't realistic and another rush job is the LAST thing Weber needs to do. I think they will have to lick their wounds for a couple years and try again with a convincingly better machine that they can get the big box stores and even Ace to actually put on the floor. It won't be easy.

All this is very sad, because while it seems the SmokeFire is still a little temperamental, I think the major issues have been resolved and in direct competition the SmokeFire beats out pellet grills costing way more when it comes to cooking results. If Weber does create a whole new pellet grill, I hope that some of the innovative ideas will survive in a more well worked out design.
Yah, regarding the Smokefire. I thought the big hype to get one right out of the gate was not good. I would never buy a totally new product the first year. Depending on the product, such as a vehicle, I would wait several years after a major redesign or totally new offering. I am sure that Weber is currently working on the next generation of the Smokefire provided current sales show enough demand to do so. If they were smart, they would keep the grill pretty similar to the current one, while bullet proofing all the weak spots and incorporating them into the next generation. A complete visual redesign would signal to consumers that Weber made a big mistake on the first generation. If they wait 3-4 years to do any major changes, then it might be time for a full overhaul, but not yet. Really, the Genesis line stayed pretty much the same from 1985 to 1999 with only a couple of minor updates along the way. Genesis 1-5, then Genesis 1000-5000 and then the change to durawood over real wood. But the grill core was pretty much unchanged during those 15 years.

I guess the big difference is that the Genesis was well received and got increased floor space as time went on. The SmokeFire, in spite of its promise, had a bad start and lots of returns. Lowes was the only major outlet that I know of which gave them floor space. Now it looks like they may be bailing on it as well. I don’t think Weber will get that visibility back without a new grill and lots of assurances that this one has been adequately tested and has better components. It is a shame because a lot of the bugs seem to have been worked out - as some patient users here have chronicled - and it has proven that it can cook some GREAT food!

Said it better than me. They really need a solid world beater. Reliable over built. And keep the special flavor profile

I would hope that Weber can find another B&M retail chain to carry their Smokefires. There are a lot of customers that will refuse to buy something like that with out being able to put their hands on it. Maybe they could offer some kind of a special add on or option like a color other than black or maybe some other gizmo option to get a store to carry them. They did that with gas grills in the past, like the Skyline which was only sold at Sears or the newer Indigo Genesis grills only sold at Ace. Maybe they could put the ACE Hardware logo on the lid.
It wouldn't cost them a ton of extra money per grill, but would allow them an outlet in a whole lot of towns around the country. Doesn't have to be ACE Hardware either. Home Depot or some other nation chain maybe.

I respect you guys and your exchange but I’ve become conditioned to online shopping so much so that I no longer have a “drive” to hop in my car and check-out a piece of merchandise that I’m considering. My current mindset is a complete reversal of my shopping habits years ago where I would not have considered a purchase without touching and seeing the product. Is it possible this mindset is now the 80% majority? Is it also possible that our box stores are making a desperate attempt to compete with the online shopping experience, and from time-to-time they’re going to get it wrong and have some failures? Are Lowe’s—and others—learning to transition from their box store environment in contrast to Amazon whose foundation [I think] was built from the online shopping experience?

Yah, things are a changing. I remember about 15 years ago where Best Buy was complaining because they were getting a large amount of foot traffic but sales were going down. The issue was that everyone was shopping in store but buying on line. They just used Best Buy as a place to go to put their hands on the items they were considering. Their business was really hurting and they had to close a lot of stores and that is when Best Buy bolstered their online presence to try to keep up with the Amazons and other electronics online outfits while still holding onto their brick and mortar presence.
Even Apple sees the benefits of having a place to buy their products locally with their Apple stores in most major shopping malls.

Not to resurrect old wounds but I saw this add on Facebook today. Yes, I clicked the link 6 times. And yes I clicked the link from this thread while posting this :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20220129-154106_Facebook.jpg

Lowe's has just gone crazy. They are making themselves look really bad. I spent a lot of money at Lowe's with our organization (not mention myself), so I have always been a fan. I wish I had a chance to talk with someone there.

Back