Weber Summit E6 @ Lowes for $574 plus tax OOS

I’m not sweating it. If you have one and love it, I’m glad to hear that. From the video reviews I’m seeing, Weber has been cutting corners on this model for a while now, and it appears the current iteration is quite flimsy. I guess I’ll wait for something else.

I’m not sweating it. If you have one and love it, I’m glad to hear that. From the video reviews I’m seeing, Weber has been cutting corners on this model for a while now, and it appears the current iteration is quite flimsy. I guess I’ll wait for something else.
There are people on the board who have the new model and none of these complaints. The revised model this one which they originally cheaped out on the base with some crappy rod triangle which caused a problem but that was corrected. The diffuser is different with some comments if you do a search that some like it better than the other one.

Otherwise to my knowledge nothing changed in regard to the actuall cooking kamado bowl or whatever you want to call it.

Brian,
I don't get Lowe's and all these strange, and unevenly applied deals. But I am super happy for you that you are getting a Summit charcoal at such a great deal. Pictures will be expected, of course, and your opinions after using it a few times. Keep us posted about its arrival. I sure hope they don't do some bait and switch on you.
The big thing for me Jon will be how it smokes as the intent is to replace the UDS and I only smoke stuff 6-10 times a year. I love that its a 24 so that gives me more room for wings and such. I won't get rid of the performer since I am only into that for 140 bucks bought it used did some upgrades. Does not bother me no gas assist for the chimmney as I will use the performer for that as well as that table and I also built a table out of a Silver B. Might have to sneak a Thermoworks smoke by the wife though. :)

As I have said the Silver C gets the brunt of the work but I love charcoal the pellet world was just not for me but I will admit if that Lowes deal for the EX4 for 500 bucks was available to me probably would have stuck my foot in but alot to be said when you don't have any electronics to worry about. Certainly some excellent cooks on the Smokefire no doubt.

I'm getting closer. A few hours ago the bundle finally showed in stock but at $1,149. Now when I add it to the cart is reads $574 for about 3 seconds and then updates to the higher price, lol.

I have a recently produced E6, and there is nothing flimsy about it.

The problems were with the original E6 model, the first one without the propane igniter. That was some time ago, and the issues have long since been corrected — and Weber will fix any remaining early examples under warranty if asked.

The E6 and S6 aren't Smokefires.

For me it shows $574 long enough for me to snap this pic but not long enough to add it to my cart before it refreshes to $1,149 lol

20220104_171922a.jpg

Home Depot does the exact same thing. I wanted a battery powered Ridgid portable vacuum. One guy online mentioned it was down to $69 from $99 shipped free. Several online and myself said it was $99 when we looked. The guy said try switching your store to Van Nuys, CA. I did and it showed at $69 for me then. I ordered it for $69 shipped to my door in Wisconsin.
Funny how that works.

I have a recently produced E6, and there is nothing flimsy about it.

The problems were with the original E6 model, the first one without the propane igniter. That was some time ago, and the issues have long since been corrected — and Weber will fix any remaining early examples under warranty if asked.

The E6 and S6 aren't Smokefires.
This negates nothing from my OP, including if you have one and like it, I am happy for you. The fact remains there are multiple YouTube reviews where folks have had quality control issues in addition to the stand being flimsy. In one video, the stand, which appears to be only three loose legs with no bracing whatsoever, wobbles excessively, almost tipping over. In another, one of the cooking grate handles snaps right off. In another, the seal does not seat properly and leaks, or it could be the lid and bowl we’re out of round, I don’t know. This E6 iteration offered by Lowes does not have the igniter.
I made no reference to the Smokefire.

Last edited:
huh? the revised model hit the market in late March 2021 and inventory made its way into the channel starting in April. product was constrained, at least here by me going into Father's Day which is when I acquired mine directly from Weber's warehouse through my local dealer.

The E6 is very stable, has zero construction/manufacturing issues (i can speak of mine only) and has been very reliable and of high quality.

Tried the link to see if my store still had it for that price it does not full price only.
Yeah, I suspect there was a mix up, maybe one store had an open box buy,display or something, and that led to the price change. In any case, did anyone get the deal to go through?

Back