Weber Summit E6 @ Lowes for $574 plus tax OOS

Yeah, I suspect there was a mix up, maybe one store had an open box buy,display or something, and that led to the price change. In any case, did anyone get the deal to go through?
Well I will find out on the 10th which is when mine is supposed to arrive at the store. It can't be open box it was not advertised that way and my Lowes and not sure how many if any ever stocked the Summit.

No doghouse with the wife either she bought a new Mac for my daughter who is heading back to med school 1100 buck told me and I said just bought a $600 grill to replace the UDS which to be honest was a wonderful cooking machine she said good that thing was ugly anyway but she liked the food that came off of it. :)

Scam just said its out of stock when it was supposed to be here the 10th it was to good to be true we all kind of new it. Chattiing with them to get the reason but doubt it works. Well I guess the UDS goes another year no big deal.

Calling customer service tomorrow the chat lady gave me the number I am sure there was some mistake on their site no way that should have been selling for that price but heck I am gonna call them and push it okay give me another date you can get it from Weber so it should not be that long.

Well I got some ammo, just got off the phone with Weber and they say its in stock 7-10 days for delivery so if Lowes jerks me around I can tell them Weber told me that so I assume they can do the same thing as they must be ordering from Weber so give me a date. We all know it was a screwup on the price but got nothing to lose love these battles and since I am retired got all day to fight with Lowes for that price since they accepted the order.:cool:

Bruce agree not optimistic.

Scam just said its out of stock when it was supposed to be here the 10th it was to good to be true we all kind of new it. Chattiing with them to get the reason but doubt it works. Well I guess the UDS goes another year no big deal.
Not necessarily true. It’s all digital inventory of what’s where. Be patient. Stick to your purchase info and get them to help you succeed. Confrontation doesn’t always win. Persistence does. Just breath.

I actually talked to a really good rep this morning did not yell and scream explained the situation they will scour their stores or other sources whatever that means to see if they can come up with one so I accepted the delay. It supposedly can take up to a week to see if they can find one so they will get back to me by next Thursday the rep will actually email me.

If they can't will have to cancel since they have my money but it would be credited within my billing cycle on my card. I would say the chances of them coming up with one at that price is zero.

I actually talked to a really good rep this morning did not yell and scream explained the situation they will scour their stores or other sources whatever that means to see if they can come up with one so I accepted the delay. It supposedly can take up to a week to see if they can find one so they will get back to me by next Thursday the rep will actually email me.

If they can't will have to cancel since they have my money but it would be credited within my billing cycle on my card. I would say the chances of them coming up with one at that price is zero.
Now you have two good choices. Let Lowes know you’re willing to wait and the product is more important than the money or refund. And call Weber and have them source the product from their distribution warehouse so it can get into Lowes’’ channel to fill your order. Weber will need to connect with Lowes to help but but Weber wants to sell you a grill so they’re more motivated than Lowes.

Weber told me that there was no way Lowes could sell them at that price, it will be fascinating to see if these end up in peoples hands.

Last edited:
Between this and the SmokeFire crazy pricing, Lowe's really looks inept right now. I was always a fan of Lowe's in Florida. There, I had wonderful friends in the Pro Services department (because of being the director of our campground/community). They took fantastic care of me and helped me with any issue that might come up. Since I have moved to Indiana and don't have them, I am liking Lowe's less and less and Menards more and more (except that Menards has almost nothing worthwhile in grills). We have no Home Depots all that close. I buy from them, but they are not my favorite place.

Well they could sell them at that price and lose their shirt but they are probably afoul of Webers pricing policy. You can imagine other retailers specialty I assume would go crazy if they found out what Lowes were selling them at while speed dialing Weber. It was not something I had to have but at that price it was a no brainer. Heck you could turn around and sell it make yourself 300 bucks or whatever.

Brian -To the tell the truth, I have had my eye on the E6/S6 since it’s inception. Like many of us, I can afford the price, I just like a deal & therefore I must admit this thread hand my anxieties all over the place. Even though I have no need for this grill, I have way too many brand-new kettles on hand for a future outdoor kitchen, it still piqued my interest. On another note, I have hyperlinked via the link within, & have tried several stores within a +100-mile radius & yet I have not prevailed, I definitely have a problem! If I had time on my side, which you have stated is no problem, then go for it, someone messed up & you will be there to score a grate deal!

Story time: in 2018, I left Walmart to take a position as an Assistant Manager at Lowe’s. I immediately realized they had a unique business model. I started January 1. The first meeting I ever attended, there was a serious discussion about discounting and getting rid of live Christmas trees and other items left over from the holidays. The solution was to call in a “Junk Man.” Most managers had at least one person they could call to get rid of discounted items quickly. These people would pay usually a dime on the dollar. It was also common for associates to chum up to management and the price change person who had access to the discount items report. These reports were of items that needed to be taken out of inventory and no longer carried. I once got my brother a new stove for $27 plus tax.

Lowe’s makes the most money in Spring and Summer. The other seasons are kind of like window dressing. I remember falling in love with a Chargriller Kamado in 2018 that was going for $700 at the time. I couldn’t justify the purchase. Months later, after the busy season, I was off work when my District Manager apparently began walking the store and discounting certain items 75% plus associates’ discount if you worked there. There was a list circulated of items. A lot of work was left undone and a lot of phone calls were made. A lot of the deliveries over the next week were these items going to associates’ homes. That kamado I wanted was bought up by one associate, a lady who bought them for each male in her house. We’d had 3 in stock for months we couldn’t get rid of. The only one she didn’t buy was missing parts.

In summation, when Lowe’s decides to go in another direction, no matter if it’s Weber or anything else, they do not mess around about the sales space. Thanks to anyone who read this.

Two or three years ago in the early spring, I walked into the HD. This was very early spring, like in March (Wisconsin) with snow still on the ground. They had two riding mowers. They were name brand (red) but I cant remember the name. They had oxidation on the aluminum motor parts from obviously sitting outside over the winter. But they were otherwise nice and clean. They had a price of $800 on them (normally $2000 plus). A guy was standing next to one of them with his foot propped on the mower deck. I sat on one and asked the guy about the one he was obviously holding. He said yah, he saw them and knew if went to find an associate, someone else would claim it before he got back. I was REALLY tempted to grab the other one, but I didn't have $800 to spare at the time and my 10 year old cub cadet was still running strong. I think about it and wish I had thought to grab it and flip it for a $500 profit in a month or so. I got up off the mower and went about my business. When I was done, I looked and both were gone.

Back