Weber Smokey Mountain 14.5" at Walmart for $100

Pete in PG

TVWBB Pro
I happened to be buying motor oil and saw they had these on clearance for $100. I did not notice that these were advertised in our area (our Walmart is in Marina, CA) so YMMV. Of course, I couldn't resist. :)

The Walmart on Monterey Rd in San Jose has 3-4 14.5" WSM for $154 that have just been sitting there for months. Assembled, no box, and not $100! I guess it's manager discretion on the pricing.

I got one a few weeks back @ Target for $59.98 (70% off!!!). There's one Wally World in my area that has one in stock listed @ $123. There are a couple of Wally's that have them listed @ $154.

I just got a 18.5 floor model for $150.00 from Walmart, it was maker $199.00 clearance. Talked to dept. manager and he said if you take it now $150.00.

our local Walmart also had them on sale for $154.
Asked for the store manager...
he came by, told him these 14" WSM's are selling for 99 bucks nation wide, said, "I can do that"

I now own a 14"WSM.
but the lid is out of round by ½"
Weber CS is wonderful.
New lid arriving in 5 days or so.
won't stop me from using this new tool tonight, I do have foil.

14wsm2.jpg

14wsm3.jpg

14wsm4.jpg

I too was going to Walmart last Thursday to purchase motor oil and some allergy meds and happened to walk by the seasonal area where they were in the process of clearancing a ton of stuff for crazy cheap. I walked out with motor oil and my allergy meds, but also with 3 bikes, a small tent that goes over your grill (regularly $89 marked down to $10), and a Weber Jumbo Joe ($22.50!!) and only spent like $125 total. They also had some of those Q grills. The Q1000 was $75 and the Q2000 was $100, but we are a charcoal family.

At these low prices for the WSM 14.5's we should all have little black steel twins. Not for capacity, just because it would look cool.

Been gone for a few days. Just before we left we went to Walmart to do some shopping. Walked by these. Couldn't believe it, $100 for 18 1/2 WSM's. $108 out the door, still in the box. Bought one for a gift. Got thinking about it and decided to go back and get one for me and the last two were gone. Just like that. Went up to Walmart in Redding and they had a few of them, but they were $199. Asked about the difference in price between the two stores and was told they operate independently and each determines their own sale price.

Edit... Went back to the second Wal Mart and my wife bought me one of their 18 inch for $199. Still a good deal.

Got an 18.5" Weber kettle grill for $31.00 recently at the Home Depot. It was setting way up on top of the rack all by itself.

Can't beat that price for a fine grill.

Last edited:
I got a 14.5 at Walmart a couple of weeks ago for $89. It was the floor model, so no box or paperwork and one minor scratch, but otherwise in perfect condition.

went yesterday by me, for the MASTER-TOUCH® 22” an employee saw me looking at a floor model and asked me if I wanted that for 50%, and was like hell yeah.. he went and checked. and said only 25%. He then said come back again when the other manager is here and try again. Will try again $100 bucks for that grill is good price if you ask me.

For St Louis area folks, Fenton WM is firm at $154 for the 14.5 wsm, they had 4
The one on Telegraph has them for $120, I talked them down to $110 and was told not to tell anyone, so I'm not.
I'm telling everyone.
No guarantees they will sell any of the other 4 at the $110 price.

check your local WM online to see if they are offering 'pick up in store today' for an inventory check.
their website will still show it at $199 though.

Back