Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
My Weber Santa Maria Grill in action...

57F0242F-B337-438C-AF59-13581A61C7DF.jpeg

Fired up with Kingsford and hickory

7A1BE773-C840-4F2E-BBA9-805089A9C809.jpeg

Seasoned the thighs with Rufus Teague Meat Rub

29547CAB-1BA6-46BF-A5C3-1186EF4381D7.jpeg

‘Bout 40 minutes later, they were cooked.

7D8FCAA0-DBAA-47D2-85C0-1321F79FBC7C.jpeg

served with ‘Gus And Lamb Weston super crispy waffle fries with
Sir Kensington avocado oil mayo

DC5748B5-4FEC-4472-84E0-1D3D015BEF05.jpeg

Bird was good! Gus was great!! And the fries were Fantastic!!!
Thanks for swinging by! eet.gif

Been awhile since I've seen a thread from you Jim. Sure haven't lost that touch working with fire. Great looking meal!
Barb and I are just cooking with gas due to the fire restrictions, thought we were going to get some good rain this past weekend. Got barley enough to dampen the patio.:(

Sounds like a great combo of flavors you got going there Jim and never heard of Sir Kensington avocado oil mayo...

So I am probable stating the obvious, but with the Santa Maria you are using the charcoal to light the wood and you are basically cooking over a wood fire correct? Then with the wood being hotter than charcoal you are able to move the grate higher or lower to get the right amount of heat, is that about correct? I have been adding more and more wood to my charcoal cooks and I love what it adds. I can only imagine how much flavor you get from that wood. That is a great looking plate and man or those fries great!

Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

So I am probable stating the obvious, but with the Santa Maria you are using the charcoal to light the wood and you are basically cooking over a wood fire correct? Yes sir! Then with the wood being hotter than charcoal you are able to move the grate higher or lower to get the right amount of heat, is that about correct? Correct again! I have been adding more and more wood to my charcoal cooks and I love what it adds. (y) I can only imagine how much flavor you get from that wood. It certainly is present... That is a great looking plate and man or those fries great!

Back