Weber Rotisserie Kit for 22 Inch Kettle

BR Cameron

The price for the Weber Rotisserie Kit for the 22 inch kettle is now approximately $235. I'd love to buy one, but do you think it's really worth it at that price?

I held off for a long time because of the price ($189). Fully understand the hesitation at $235. Knowing now how much I enjoy food off the roti I would likely get it even at that higher price.

Have you looked at the onlyfire version at roughly $100 less ? Suspect you could get some good insight on it from this forum.

Good luck with your decision

I held off for a long time because of the price ($189). Fully understand the hesitation at $235. Knowing now how much I enjoy food off the roti I would likely get it even at that higher price.

Have you looked at the onlyfire version at roughly $100 less ? Suspect you could get some good insight on it from this forum.last

Good luck with your decision
One of my best accessories for my Weber Performer Deluxe is from Cajun Bandit bought a few years ago. It cost me over $300 due to shipping and import taxes to Costa Rica. So fortunate to have the disposable income and good health for my BBQ Hobby at age 80 last week!

Attachments

• DB78C8D3-2C73-4F56-A939-0E9BC9F01135.jpeg
    DB78C8D3-2C73-4F56-A939-0E9BC9F01135.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Richard, Thanks for chiming in before I said “Richard Garcia has the Cajun Bandit…”
Honestly, if I were getting one now, that CB is likely the one I’d get.

Yes. I’m interested in why Scott Smith says NO as well

I had just chatted with my brother about trying one and he had one sent to my front door!
I don’t use it all the time but it’s a great tool in the arsenal, I’ve been known to use it three time in the course of a week then not use it at all for a couple of months!
Just get one, it’s fun, at also is a really pleasant way to cook a nice main course without any big fussing around with it.

Nothing against the product or what you can do with it - the original question simply asked for opinions regarding the price. I understand inflation and everything, but $235 seemed awful steep to me.
That‘s fair enough.
To be honest, I’d still get one but, probably not the “official” Weber one.
I seem to remember someone here has one that has a “door” for pizza cookery too, that strikes me as a very convenient option.

I felt Webers offering a bit steep as well. So I opted to get the Only Fire ring and rotisserie. I replaced the motor with a GrillOne 13w motor. No reason to replace the motor other than wanting to have the extra power for large protiens.

I was given one , tried it out recently...pretty good results doing a split chicken... might try a turkey breast on it next
basting is great while the meat spins

things I dont like, getting the bird situated on it is messy
I will have to get a remote wireless temp probe as I like to monitor internal temp as the cook goes
cleanup was a pain

after trying it out I would not spend the cash on another one, I prefer to split chickens and turkey to smoke....I want to keep the cook as simple as possible and the rotisserie was more work than I desire

Wow; there has been a steep climb in price. But if you enjoy outdoor cooking you're missing out on some good opportunities without a rotisserie, be it Weber or another brand :)

1675026324809.png

I was given one , tried it out recently...pretty good results doing a split chicken... might try a turkey breast on it next
basting is great while the meat spins

things I dont like, getting the bird situated on it is messy
I will have to get a remote wireless temp probe as I like to monitor internal temp as the cook goes
cleanup was a pain

after trying it out I would not spend the cash on another one, I prefer to split chickens and turkey to smoke....I want to keep the cook as simple as possible and the rotisserie was more work than I desire
It takes a little practice to get the balancing act figured out, I think I fiddled with it a lot more than necessary when I did my first tow or three but now? I spin chickens two at a time and they have been pretty simple. It just takes a little time to get comfortable with it, I don’t worry about a thermometer but I know a lot of folks feel that they are critical, I’m just not one of them.
Drip pans are sacrificial, cleaning the spit is pretty easy, what’s the mess in your cleanup?

I don't think the Weber product is worth the premium. I have the Onlyfire model, purchased from Amazon, and use it very frequently. I'm happy with the price and performance, enough so that I also bought one for my Genesis.

Like Richard I am also a huge fan of my cajan bandit rotisserie ring with the one grill motor, I just have the other motor. However, it is out of stock right now. If it comes back in stock I would recommend it's quality to everyone here. I can not speak to the quality of the Weber version, but what I will speak to is my love of the rotisserie. When I was debating whether or not to get the rotisserie, I literally created a post here and debated between a used Performer or the Rotisserie. It felt really expansive for a BBQ accessory, but now I understand it is not an accessory, it is like adding another grill/cooking method to the team. I am so happy I got the rotisserie, it is such a great part of my BBQ Arsenal, London is Red, go Arsenal, sorry wrong forum, and couldn't imagine cooking with out it.

How about a triple chicken cook!
IMG_20221217_162508.jpg

Or al Pastor?
IMG_20210822_155600806.jpg

Wow! The price sure has gone up. I want to say I paid somewhere around $150 for mine from Weber, it has been some years ago.
For that price now, I would have to think hard. I will say I do Chickens, 2 at a time, turkey breasts, pork loins, and the prime rib off that is my go to way to do prime rib. Been a few years now, But I seem to remember having a conversation with a fellow who used his to hold an additional grill grate to stack on his 22 to smoke butts, brisket, chickens, etc...
I would do it again for that price, I like rotisserie chicken.... Takes alot of those $4.99 costco rotisserie chicken to make up the difference though....LOL.

Last edited:

Back