Weber Rotisserie Kit for 22 Inch Kettle

Oh Mike, I’m trying to figure out how to build a rotisserie “unit” which won’t be massive but, I keep thinking about how to use it for additional storage and will figure out something but, this evening? I’m stymied. Something to store extra charcoal baskets (inside) Vortex cones (again inside) grates, chimneys, and who knows what else? There is a fair amount of “stuff” which could benefit from smarter storage! It’s just a constant
Now you’ve got my gears turning…

Oh Mike, I’m trying to figure out how to build a rotisserie “unit” which won’t be massive but, I keep thinking about how to use it for additional storage and will figure out something but, this evening? I’m stymied. Something to store extra charcoal baskets (inside) Vortex cones (again inside) grates, chimneys, and who knows what else? There is a fair amount of “stuff” which could benefit from smarter storage! It’s just a constant

I've been using the performer for storage. I feel a little guilty not cooking on it, but it was a $10 investment.

The cooking grid hangs on the back of the performer. Inside on the coal rack is usually a chimney, char baskets or the vortex and an old veggie grilling basket that I sift out the dust from lump.

The performer provides must-have table space next to the WSK and the inside of the kettle is bonus space for dirty, dusty stuff.

I've been eyeballing a rotisserie for the kettle, but I really don't need any more kit.

I’m going to see what I can find in my lumber stash but, I’m not sure I have anything “appropriate”. I’m actually thinking about “diamondplate” for the deck. I used to have a buddy that worked in a muffler shop but, he moved! That would have made bending up a pair of legs within grasp! I like the cypress in the Overperformer but, I dont want to tap my buddy’s lumber supply too much. This needs some real consideration. Not the least of which will be placement! I think I might have to get out the pencil and start sketching!

My wife has endured my Weberitis since we started keeping company over 35 years ago. Now, the spinning cart will be a new “odd unit” to design, build and find a home for. She won’t be upset but I will get “the look!”

Here is an Onlyfire for sale on ebay. Says that there are only 2 left. Cheap way to get one.

Anthony Spitzer, thanks for bringing the Onlyfire Rotissorie/Pizza combo on eBay for $50 to our attention. I was one of the two to take the plunge. I did a pizza a few days ago and a rotissorie chicken tonight. After using it a couple times, my opinion is... Great product!

It was an awesome deal for a multi-fuctional product when I was only in the market for a solid spacer to add space for smoking and beer can chicken. It is built very well, fits 22" kettle nicely, and includes every accessory needed. It is my first time making a rotisserie chicken or pizza on the grill. Many smiles already logged and years of them to come.

Here's the rig on an SSP.

20230228_200732.jpg

Here are the results. My FIRST time doing Rotisserie or Pizza on a grill.

20230228_200900.jpg20230228_200441.jpg20230228_200608.jpg

Family was especially happy with how juicy the Chicken was. Definitely 2 Thumbs up for Onlyfire Rotissorie/Pizza Combo. I'll be doing Rotisserie a lot more often.

Last edited:
My Cajun Bandit’s new home parked on the brand new“Master Touch” and Today’s BBQ Weather :)

Attachments

• 5F27B085-71C4-4280-BBBF-77F803E3C470.jpeg
    5F27B085-71C4-4280-BBBF-77F803E3C470.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 19
  • CED8D3C9-CB89-438B-B01A-A5C299D74992.jpeg
    CED8D3C9-CB89-438B-B01A-A5C299D74992.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 18
  • 5ADA96F1-272F-401A-B34B-02CFFBFB06C1.jpeg
    5ADA96F1-272F-401A-B34B-02CFFBFB06C1.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 5D953898-8D1A-43B6-AF07-F572EDCC8E30.jpeg
    5D953898-8D1A-43B6-AF07-F572EDCC8E30.jpeg
    341.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Ok new guy here, be kind! Wakening up an older thread but this seemed like the right place.

I recently assembled my new Performer Deluxe and have yet to cook on it. I also scored a near mint Weber rotisserie setup off Craigslist for a whopping $30!

I want to cook a rotisserie prime rib this weekend. I have the Weber baskets so I can split them apart and put a drip pan between and inline with the spit. I have some Kingsford briquettes and some Royal Oak lump charcoal. I also have some hickory splits I can add on top of the charcoal.

Looking for advice on this cook - time, dome temperature, basket fill, etc. Would like to use the fuel I have. The roast is a bone in roast about 5-6 lbs. When I have cooked the same on my gasser rotisserie, I have used the infrared and burners off to the side. Montreal Seasoning has been used as well as Naturiffic Q-salt. I am leaning towards dry brining the roast with Montreal in the fridge for 24 hours or so.

Thanks!

IMG_4921.JPGIMG_4933.JPGIMG_4934.JPG

My initial thought for your cook is, drip pan split the baskets accordingly, full chimney with maybe some pecan chunks (under the coals a la Harry Soo) I doubt it will take more than an hour, possibly less.

Oh, and back to the dedicated set up I was trying to design, my wife saw the Amazon cart and said “Just get it” so, a n hour or so after it arrived, I had to assembled and set up! Do I have the best wife ever!?

The price for the Weber Rotisserie Kit for the 22 inch kettle is now approximately $235. I'd love to buy one, but do you think it's really worth it at that price?
I recently got an Only Fire. They do a black one and a stainless one. I got the black one and love it. Stainless is a few bucks more.

My initial thought for your cook is, drip pan split the baskets accordingly, full chimney with maybe some pecan chunks (under the coals a la Harry Soo) I doubt it will take more than an hour, possibly less.

Oh, and back to the dedicated set up I was trying to design, my wife saw the Amazon cart and said “Just get it” so, a n hour or so after it arrived, I had to assembled and set up! Do I have the best wife ever!?
I can’t believe 1 hour is accurate cook time.

Back