Weber QC is crap

You are on a garage floor which is pitched ( out of level)
Have you tried rolling it out on a level surface?

I woke up this morning to DH redoing a new metal shelf bookcase that arrived yesterday and he put together. One of the pipes was crooked and the top shelf was tilting to the side - "MADE IN CHINA"

That is the trouble with Amazon. You don't know where something is made until it arrives on your doorstep. :mad:

I wouldn't expect it to rack out of square at all on a garage floor. Even assuming the floor is pitched for drainage, it still should be relatively flat except right around the drain. The frame should be darned close to square out of the box. I doubt it's shipping damage either, the box would have been rather severely damaged, and I'd expect paint issues (chips or wrinkles) around the corners.

This is worth a call to Weber customer service.

Yea, at first I thought it was a knock down frame that you bolted the stiles and rails together, but now I can see its welded so bad job on Weber.

Safe to assume you are in contact with Weber? I would expect them to make this right (not that you should have received something of that "quality" in the first place), so would love an update on what they have to say (or do.)

Sorry for your issues!

R

Dang, I hate to see that! But I am having doubts about the quality control lately, too.

I ordered 2 Smokey Joe Premiums a few weeks ago ( to beat the price increase).
Upon arrival, the Slate SJ was perfect - but the Ivory SJ had several flaws in the paint/porcelain, as well as the insides of the bowl and lid.
At the base of the lid handle, the black undercoating was showing through the Ivory finish.

Weber sent me a new lid pronto but when it arrived, it had the same issues - only fewer of them. The paint on the lid handle is not as bad as on the first lid though, so I will just live with it. Still a little bit irritated, because these 2 will probably just be displays, not cookers.

Good luck in your dealings with Weber. I'm sure they will make it right, but I understand that the time you have spent on this feels wasted.:mad:

Boy that is really sad, sure they probably will make it right when you call but at what their asking for their products you shouldn't have to make the call to begin with.

Back