Weber Grill Out Light #9057 on it's way

It was $5 plus $42 shipping. Odd pricing, but clear they were overcharging for shipping. I can't unsee Jon's Skyline, so I had to have it. With none others available on eBay, I felt it was worth the premium. It also means I don't have to sand the custom handle I was creating, so that's priceless!

Christopher. I am going to assume everything is on the up and up with that handle, but a lot of times, Ebayers have really high shipping costs on things they are afraid will be returned. Then they say in the event of a return they won't refund the shipping cost. Did they seller have a good rating?

but a lot of times, Ebayers have really high shipping costs on things they are afraid will be returned. Then they say in the event of a return they won't refund the shipping cost. Did they seller have a good rating?

I don’t understand why they do that. There is no advantage to listing an item with a high shipping cost. In the old days, Ebay used to calculate their fee on the item sale price. Now it is price plus shipping. Also, if a buyer wants to return the item, they just say “item not as described” and they don’t have to pay to send it back (seller pays) and they get a refund of the entire price plus shipping.

To simplify things, I always sell stuff with “free” shipping and I do accept returns. I only had two issues with the 600+ items I sold on eBay. One was my fault where I sent the wrong item. The other was a defect in the product where the buyer and I agreed on a price reduction. Otherwise, there have been no issues.

I just installed this on my Skyline (photos to come, as it's finished) and I noticed the handle was relatively hot to touch - notably in the center. Now, I was trying to get the grill to reach peak heat, so I was intentionally warming up the grill. It hit about 520 before I turned it off.

Looks great. Just worried that my new expensive handle will melt. :(

The one I have on my 1985 Genesis 2 has a slight bow in it but again it's almost 35 years old. They are pretty stout, if someone didn't leave dead batteries to corrode in them. The one on my skyline is still like new. I was going to go to LEDs on both, but decided not to as I don't do much after dark grilling anymore. So good enough will have to do.

Mine has held up fine so far, and I have done a fair amount of full heat grilling with it. The LED bulbs are a nice boost if you use it a lot, but the regular bulbs are certainly fine.

I use an LED headband light for my after dark drilling. They are pretty cheap and the light is directed to where I’m looking.

My wife thinks I'm crazy too and I use that as an excuse..... works really well.

I generally speaking agree with the tactics of Vinny the Chin Gigante. Not his lifestyle, his tactics. He would walk around NYC in a bathrobe mumbling and talking to himself. For YEARS. To mount an insanity defense. That, I find impressive!

I use an LED headband light for my after dark drilling. They are pretty cheap and the light is directed to where I’m looking.

Now I understand why someone might not want to use an LED headband light at night. I did have an issue with bugs flying towards my head because they were attracted by the light. Annoying!

Yeah, I saw that. Too much unless you just feel you have to own one. I do have to admit that I like mine, not just for the lights but the way it looks on my Skyline.

Stefan: If all you need to have a complete handle light is a pair of $10 brackets, I would jump on it. You may never be able to buy just the brackets again.

I am hoping some of you guys that have done the LED conversion in this thread will report back on how it is working for you. I have to admit, my light is still in the box. I haven't found a flip grill that I wanted to put it on and I am having a hard time giving up my custom wood handle on my 1000. But, now that I have a second handle on the way, I am going to upgrade it to LED and put one of them on my personal grill. I was just wondering how the LED conversion was holding up over the last 8 or 9 months since some of you went ahead and did the upgrade and have actually been using the light.

I have enjoyed mine and it is holding up even in hot, humid Florida. It is stored outside but under a Weber cover. It is a perfect fit for certain grills like the Skyline. I have a maroon hood that I want to pair another one with along with black trim and thermoset tables. If I ever get time:(...

My LED setup has been working great all summer. It’s on the daily driver. It’s under cover too but the batteries are starting to go. One of the lights is dimmer than the other now. I won’t bother replacing until spring. During winter I just grill under patio lights. 9057 is a great accessory.

Hmmm, I find I need a light a lot more in the winter. The sun goes down and it is dark by 5pm in January, so a lot more time spent grilling after dark.

Back