Weber Grill Out Light #9057 on it's way

That's it. Change the bulbs to LED's and then pull the batteries out and put them back in flat side first.

Bruce, so if I read this right, change the bulbs and put the batteries in backward. That's it?

K4pmz7W.jpg

TVWBB Gas Grill Forum, Feb. 20, 2019, 12:00pm. As the forum watches....Dr. Bruce inserts the last battery....

Oh, yah, one more important thing that I forgot.......Push the On/Off button to turn it on.

Here are some photos I took after I got the LED working in the light. You can clearly see the difference in intensity. The color of the LED is Daylight vs the yellowish color on the incandenscent bulb but that is not as easy to see in the photos due to the dark colored desk I was working on. But, I soooo much more like the whiter light.

CAS5wXm.jpg

8tGZuqd.jpg

Here are some photos I took after I got the LED working in the light. You can clearly see the difference in intensity. The color of the LED is Daylight vs the yellowish color on the incandenscent bulb but that is not as easy to see in the photos due to the dark colored desk I was working on. But, I soooo much more like the whiter light.

CAS5wXm.jpg

8tGZuqd.jpg

Strong work Bruce! Yah, the LED looks a lot better than the other bulb. Now the "Bruce Effect" might come into play after this modification ;).

I still have to figure out what I am going to do with this light. I really like my wood handle on my personal 1000, but I would really like the light that this thing would provide. If I put it on a rehab grill, it is going to have to be something special. With the high lumen LED's, it is a total investment of about $40.

Thanks for the work Bruce and the great comparison. Now I will convert mine too. Did you notice any changes in the heat dissipation of the bulb? I know normally LEDs are not supposed to get that hot. But sometimes they do.

Stephan, I never had it on for more than a couple minutes at a time and never really paid attention to the heat dissapation, but that is a good question. I will turn it on and let it go for a few minutes and let you know what I come up with.

OK, I had the lights on for about 3 minutes and with my infrared heat gun, the highest reading I could get was 85.5 but that was shining the spot directly on the element of the incandescent bulb. I could only get about 82 anywhere else inside the reflector of either light. I also did the touch test and really could feel little if ANY heat coming out of either light when I placed the lights directly on the palm of my hand.

So, I would say heat radiation is really insignificant on either bulb, but slightly less on the LED.

Now, another issue could possibly be the resistance to external heat. I cannot guarantee that the LED would be as heat resistant as the incandescent bulb when used on a grill where heat radiation from the grill itself could be something to consider. But, I am willing to bet that the LED's will handle it well, especially since the light handle design keeps the handle further out from the grill than a stock handle does.

Last edited:
Stephan, I never had it on for more than a couple minutes at a time and never really paid attention to the heat dissapation, but that is a good question. I will turn it on and let it go for a few minutes and let you know what I come up with.

OK, I had the lights on for about 3 minutes and with my infrared heat gun, the highest reading I could get was 85.5 but that was shining the spot directly on the element of the incandescent bulb. I could only get about 82 anywhere else inside the reflector of either light. I also did the touch test and really could feel little if ANY heat coming out of either light when I placed the lights directly on the palm of my hand.

So, I would say heat radiation is really insignificant on either bulb, but slightly less on the LED.

Now, another issue could possibly be the resistance to external heat. I cannot guarantee that the LED would be as heat resistant as the incandescent bulb when used on a grill where heat radiation from the grill itself could be something to consider. But, I am willing to bet that the LED's will handle it well, especially since the light handle design keeps the handle further out from the grill than a stock handle does.

I think you should be fine for resistance to external heat. I have 2 LED light handles (other brands) for my other grills that I leave on and they have had no problems ever since.

Last edited:
I ordered and received the second LED today and installed it. Just to let everyone know, they light functions correctly with the LEDs and batteries installed in reverse order. The light is much better than with the stock incandescent bulbs as well. I am going to have to install this on my personal grill and see if I like it enough to give up the wood handle. Otherwise, it has future Skyline written on it.

I ordered and received the second LED today and installed it. Just to let everyone know, they light functions correctly with the LEDs and batteries installed in reverse order. The light is much better than with the stock incandescent bulbs as well. I am going to have to install this on my personal grill and see if I like it enough to give up the wood handle. Otherwise, it has future Skyline written on it.

Definitely the Skyline, Bruce! We want you back in the club;)!

2e1zii0.jpg

Well, then maybe a temporary install on my grill to test it out before I put it back on the shelf in wait for the next SKYLINE to hit FB or CL in my area.

You had better watch out, because you might like it so well you will want another one:rolleyes:. I tried pretty hard to find the LED bulbs I bought but with no success. I am willing to bet they are buried in my Weber "graveyard" shed. I don't think they were nearly as bright as the ones you got. I will be getting some new Discover/Amazon points in a few days, so maybe I can justify getting what you bought then. Even my wife said I should quit looking for the previous ones!

Here is another version I saw that is a little cheaper if you buy two. What do you think of this:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B076JBZK4T/tvwb-20

Jon, just buy two more LEDs and your lost ones will magically appear.:D

Isn't that the truth:rolleyes:!

Well, if they do I will hold them for another one of those light handles to come my way or maybe see if someone here who has that handle would want to buy them at a good price.

You had better watch out, because you might like it so well you will want another one:rolleyes:. I tried pretty hard to find the LED bulbs I bought but with no success. I am willing to bet they are buried in my Weber "graveyard" shed. I don't think they were nearly as bright as the ones you got. I will be getting some new Discover/Amazon points in a few days, so maybe I can justify getting what you bought then. Even my wife said I should quit looking for the previous ones!

Here is another version I saw that is a little cheaper if you buy two. What do you think of this:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B076JBZK4T/tvwb-20

Jon: I say go for it. Same basic specs as the ones I bought and they have good reviews.

Back