Weber Grill Out Light #9057 on it's way

My LED setup has been working great all summer. It’s on the daily driver. It’s under cover too but the batteries are starting to go. One of the lights is dimmer than the other now. I won’t bother replacing until spring. During winter I just grill under patio lights. 9057 is a great accessory.

Tony,

I am sure you know but make sure you take those old batteries OUT if they are not needed. I have have seen so many grill lights - and my own hurricane and flashlights - ruined by corroded batteries:mad:.

I now use lithium batteries in grill lights and Thermoworks Smoke, etc. that take AA & AAA batteries. I have never seen lithium 'C' batteries like this old Weber handle takes, though.

Yeah...The AA and AAA are pricey but not crazy. I think they are worth it. For the old Weber handle it will just be important to stay on replacing them - or leaving empty when not needed. Maybe worth it to pay for a higher end regular battery, but I don't know if there is any objective data on that.

I think those Lithium batteries would be quite a bit brighter as well with them putting out almost 12V vs the 4.5V with the alkaline ones. I would love to get my hands on some just to try them out.

Yes sir, I pull the batteries when the season changes b/c the Chicago winters eat batteries like nobody’s business.

In winter I just flip on the “patio lights” which means 100 feet of 1W LED bulbs strung up over my patio. Can see fine.

When in use, the 9057 is nice b/c I can wheel the grill around anywhere depending on the crowd and the mood!

I dont suppose these lights would fit on a gold or premium lid with the round handle?

I dont suppose these lights would fit on a gold or premium lid with the round handle?

No, you need something like this:

ADnu8Wk.jpg

Somewhere I have gray versions of these from my Summit fiascos. For now this works fine.

For the round handle just use one of the new lights. Plus they also have a tilt switch which the 9057 does not have.

Tony,

I am sure you know but make sure you take those old batteries OUT if they are not needed. I have have seen so many grill lights - and my own hurricane and flashlights - ruined by corroded batteries:mad:.

I now use lithium batteries in grill lights and Thermoworks Smoke, etc. that take AA & AAA batteries. I have never seen lithium 'C' batteries like this old Weber handle takes, though.
The C cell batteries basically have the same length than AA batteries. There are cheap adapters or sleeves out there for AA batteries to make them C batteries.

I noticed that the Amazon listings for the LED bulbs suggested by Bruce and Jon both state that they are reverse polarity for MAGlites.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B079JWGHP7/tvwb-20

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B076JBZK4T/tvwb-20

I'm wondering if something like this would work without flipping the batteries:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07W13BLFT/tvwb-20

A bulb that did not require the batteries to be flipped would allow those AA to C battery adapters to be used easily.

Yah, the thing is that they are only going to go up in price as the inventory keeps thinning out.

Back