Weber Genesis Old vs New

Samuel. Some Silver B grills have the extra catch on the frame for the left side swing shelf even though they were sold with just the right side swing shelf. Also, you need the left side handle that has the drop down bracket for the pivot rod. It isn't just a matter of finding the left side shelf and slapping it in.
Thanks Bruce, I wondered about the hole. After putting together that Burgundy Genesis Gold for myself and seeing that I had the Black-out trim pieces I needed. I decided I am going to use the 2-swing out tables, the black trim caps and Burgundy lid I used for the Gold for the Genesis B mod I would like to accomplish. I decided this because I already have 2 C's in my family hoard and realize I do not need a third after I thought more about it. Thus the reason I went ahead stripped my Gold of it's wire rack for my Platinum. Thanks for clarifying this though.

Last edited:
For you restore and flip crowd, it doesn't seem like there's much money in it considering the time you trade for a few bucks. It is a noblesse oblige thing or ?
The newer grills, less than 10 years old, require less time to fix so they are ok. The old ones don’t make much sense economically but they are more satisfying to work on. You can recover the costs on the old ones and squeak out a little profit.

Cheaper hobby than classic cars or boats

Yah, that is what I tell people. I do it for the "fun" as a hobby. And I can make a couple bucks in the process. Unlike Golf.
Other than a 14 inch Smoky Joe kettle that the kids wanted for s’mores I haven’t brought a grill in the 30 plus years I’ve been grilling.

The only thing I buy is burner tubes and ignitions every few years and I can usually reuse those parts on grills I sell
boatnoun – 1. a hole in the water into which one throws money.
i thought it was an acronym Break Out Another Thousand

I'm trying to pick up this one today. These are the ones I can clean up for $600 profit. not a ton of money but I enjoy doing it.View attachment 97995

Originally posted for $900 and not cleaned up. Of course it didn't sell. But they're moving so now it's free
Just picked up this free Genesis ii LX S-440 which came with a full propane tank.

Now I have the two burner version the three burner version and the 4 burner version

I missed a free green lid platinum 3 miles from me earlier this year
It’s been for sale $150 near Boston for a month
Xxxx happens

Josh, I have never seen or heard of a NG Genesis Jr, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I think one could be converted if that was a real desire. It could be a simple job or it might require stealing NG valves off of a Genesis three burner from that era.

Back