Weber Genesis Old vs New

That first grill confuses me. I have never seen a Jr with a left side table unless someone put a custom one on there.

I always thought that little 2-burner Genesis II was like the Jr. brought back! They don’t come up a lot and almost always command higher prices than a 3-burner.
Also a lot of people mistake them for a lower model. Buyers and sellers usually don't know/understand what they are. Ofter mistaken for a 215 two burner or a 315 three burner because they don't have a separate sear burner like the 335. The LX 340/240 has them built into each burner so you don't notice them visually. Plus a few more options that the others don't have making them the top model. Some of the other things that I've noticed different on that LX vs regular Genesis ii is a thicker warming rack. Separate igniters for each burner. I believe the lids are a little bit taller on the LX also.

I've had countless numbers of Weber's come and go at my house with my LX 240 and LX 340 staying as my daily grills. Now I have LX 440 and try to decide if I want to do a quick flip on it or a nice resto project. I guess it depends it depends on if I'm considering keeping it or not.

Last edited:
Also a lot of people mistake them for a lower model. Buyers and sellers usually don't know/understand what they are. Ofter mistaken for a 215 two burner or a 315 three burner because they don't have a separate sear burner like the 335. The LX 340/240 has them built into each burner so you don't notice them visually. Plus a few more options that the others don't have making them the top model. Some of the other things that I've noticed different on that LX vs regular Genesis ii is a thicker warming rack. Separate igniters for each burner. I believe the lids are a little bit taller on the LX also.
I've always thought this made WAY more sense than trying to stick a separate burner in there.

I've had countless numbers of Weber's come and go at my house with my LX 240 and LX 340 staying as my daily grills. Now I have LX 440 and try to decide if I want to do a quick flip on it or a nice resto project. I guess it depends it depends on if I'm considering keeping it or not.

Just to clarify, all Genesis II models have separate igniters for each burner (part of GS4 system)... but no cross-over tube, an unwise change IMO.

On the early Genesis II non-LX models, the lids were shorter and the handle was attached via the end-caps; on the later (2018+) versions the lid was taller and a 'U' shaped handle was bolted into face of the lid. i.e. same lid & handle as LX model. Basically, for 2018 onward, Weber nixed the LX option, but kept the LX lid and added a sear burner on certain models. Hang onto your LX models Josh, they are a rare breed.

Just to clarify, all Genesis II models have separate igniters for each burner (part of GS4 system)... but no cross-over tube, an unwise change IMO.

On the early Genesis II non-LX models, the lids were shorter and the handle was attached via the end-caps; on the later (2018+) versions the lid was taller and a 'U' shaped handle was bolted into face of the lid. i.e. same lid & handle as LX model. Basically, for 2018 onward, Weber nixed the LX option, but kept the LX lid and added a sear burner on certain models. Hang onto your LX models Josh, they are a rare breed.
It's just my personal preference nothing more but the LX is the sweet stop for me as far as any newer Weber gas grills.

I've owned several Genesis and a couple summits

Back